cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1968 Top Models in Joseph Fleischer NYC wig catalog : Anyone know who they are ??

I have this fabulous catalog from 1968, its filled with beautiful models who seem familiar, but since I was only 3 or 4 at the time, I'm clueless as to who they are.  I do recognize Lauren Hutton (cover) and Patty Boyd. 

Do you know who these lovely ladies are?  Their hair pieces are amazing. And Fleischer is still in business.  Wow.  Help, have fun.  Lauren HuttonLauren HuttonDSCN7604.JPGDSCN7605.JPGDSCN7606.JPGPatty BoydPatty BoydDSCN7608.JPGDSCN7609.JPGDSCN7610.JPGDSCN7611.JPGDSCN7612.JPGDSCN7613.JPGDSCN7614.JPGMight be Sunny HarnetMight be Sunny HarnetDSCN7616.JPGDSCN7617.JPGDSCN7618.JPGDSCN7619.JPGDSCN7620.JPGDSCN7621.JPGDSCN7622.JPGDSCN7623.JPGDSCN7624.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: 1968 Top Models in Joseph Fleischer NYC wig catalog : Anyone know who they are ??

The color picture looks like Lauren Hutton. Some of the others look familiar... #3 may be Pamela Tiffin.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: 1968 Top Models in Joseph Fleischer NYC wig catalog : Anyone know who they are ??

Yes, Lauren Hutton is still a part of popular culture, she is featured thru-out, I recognized her right off.  Thanks, I will look Pamela Tiffin up. Max

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I very much doubt that these were "top models" as you call them.   It was catalog work, after all, and hair pieces were a bit old fashioned in 1968.  Lauren Hutton had a Chanel ad in 1968 so unlikely she'd be doing catalogs.  And that doesn't look at all like Pattie Boyd.

Debora 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don't recognize any other faces except the first (color photo) which is Lauren Hutton — popular cover model of the time:

Laurenvogue2

But the one you've captioned "Patty Boyd"  is not the Pattie Boyd who was married to George Harrison & then Eric Clapton, ref Getty Images

#3 does not resemble Pamela Tiffin either (different lips).

Wigs & hairpieces were quite popular in the late '60s-'70s — especially pre-styled add-ons for hairdos like the looped curls on top, etc.  Easy hairdo fixes/add-ons never really go out of fashion; they're called "hair extensions" now.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

appreciate the help.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What fun to look at!
Thanks for posting/sharing!!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I'm surprised more ebayers didn't chime in, do you think there would be a better place to post this "help identify" inquiry?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No doubt that the first one is Lauren Hutton. 

That company still exists. Have you thought about calling them and see if they can help??

Message 9 of 9
latest reply