cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item not working

Bought a laptop on the understanding it worked just charged it up and it is not working and seller saying no refund. What do I do

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

item not working

You go to the Resolution Center and open a case for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

Seller will be forced to refund you, and pay return shipping.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

item not working

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
You are in the UK where is the seller located? how much did you pay including shipping? is it within 30 days of receipt? as cowboy said you can return at the sellers cost if the above question are correct.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

item not working

Yeh I'm in UK so are they the seller has said he won't refund as I bought it 2 weeks ago but was away on holiday so never had a chance  to use it before I went. Now I have no laptop for my daughters birthday tomorrow I paid 60

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

item not working

Go to the "Resolution Center" link at the bottom of the page and start a claim of a defective item, your seller will be required to send you a prepaid shipping label that includes a tracking number (take note of the number) and send the computer back.

Once tracking shows it has been delivered you will be refunded 100% within days if not hours.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

item not working

Thanks for your help
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

item not working

Now for a slap on the hand, never buy anything from anybody online unless you have ample time to receive it and test the working parts. As a parent, you let your daughter down not some shyster seller.

You, if wise will get all your money refunded, but will your daughter recover from such a devastation? just kidding they be playdoh a fridge box is worth my than gold...
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

item not working

@calli_brow wrote:

Bought a laptop on the understanding it worked just charged it up and it is not working and seller saying no refund. What do I do

"...on the understanding that it worked..."

Sellers on eBay are permitted to sell not working laptops and just about anything that does not work, the proviso being that the item condition code is "for parts or not working."  You may have "understood" that the laptop worked, but how did the Seller describe it in the condition code, text of the listing, and pictures?

Second, "not working" tell us nothing.  Please be much more specific.....it might be something that does not require returning the laptop.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

item not working

This Was his description. 

Acer Switch One 10 S1003-18RT 1.44GHz X5-Z8350 10.1" 1280 X 800pixels Touchscree. Condition is Used. Dispatched with eBay delivery – Shutl 1 day.

The item has been barely used and in a good condition

Sold as used but good condition. 

The screen flickers when it's on then is will not load keeps crashing at the set up menu 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

item not working

Reseat the memory module, it may have come loose in shipping.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

item not working

"Setup menu"?

Is that the BIOS/UEFI setup menu?

Or the Welcome to Windows setup menu?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

item not working

WelCome to windows I think 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply