cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do?

A few years ago I bought a Logitech k 350 keyboard and a logitech wireless mouse as a package, thery came with one littlepiece (not sure what its called) that went into a slot on my laptop to make them work. Well the mouse died the other day and I bought a new logitech m 510 wireless mouse, put the piece into the computer slot, took the old one out. Mouse works but keyboard stopped, put old piece back in so now there are 2 and cmany functions will not work.  If i open an email, the mouse wond shut it down. If i hit control alt delet and then cancel the mouse then works.

Do I call my computer tech guy or is this a simple fix

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

what to do?

@favoritegram  Google the Geek Squad (Best Buy) and ask them ... have model numbers and serial numbers handy.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

The old keyboard will only work with the original  USB RF receiver ( that little thing that you place in the USB port).  In order to use that keyboard, you have to use that original USB RF receiver.

So , to have both the NEW mouse and old keyboard working,   you need to use  both of those RF USB receivers in your laptop ( two usb ports must be used, 1 for the new little thing, and one for the old keyboard little thing).

The reason being is that the old keyboard's RF receiver uses an older,diffeent frequency that  your New mouse receiver. This is why you cannot run both the keyboard and the mouse of of the new  Mouse RF receiver alone.

In oter words,  put the old one back in the USB port. Put the New one in another USB port.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

But this way was faster and free.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

Thanks  appreciate your suggestions but I do have them both in.  if you re read my post it is causing a problem with the mouse and my emails

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

Look on the back of the of the mouse for a little round button to press to "match or sync " the mouse with it's receiver.   If that does not work you need to  reinstall each piece of wireless hardware separately.    Also try to  keep both RF  receiver devices  as far from each other as possible. I.e.  Insert one on the right side /front  and insert the second one on a left usb port. Try not to have them both in ajacent usb ports.

If that does not work you need to  reinstall each piece of wireless hardware separately.  Install and set up each one separately, one at a time.  

1. Obtain any updated device drivers for each device installation.  Go here for the keyboard  installation driver. http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-keyboard-k350/downloads#

Do the same for the mouse driver.   Follow instructions to down load .

Install  keyboard driver first.:

3.  Unplug the keyboard USB receiver.  Go into your device manager and  delete the wireless keyboard device.   Run the keyboard driver  installation program.   Now insert the keyboard USB RF device into   a usb port.   Your system should recognize it and install it.  Look on the underside of the keyboard for a small button to press to "marry/sync  " the keyboard to the RF device.

Install Mouse driver:

4.   Unplug the mouse USB Receiver, go into your device manager and delete the wireless mouse and software files.    Now insert the mouse USB RF device into   a usb port.  Run the  mouse driver  installation program. Your system should recognize it and install it.  Look on the back of the of the mouse for a little round button to press to "match/sync" the mouse with it's receiver.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

Your mouse may or may not  have a "sync" button on it.   Here is the mouse software driver:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-mouse-m510/downloads#

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

Here is the solution:   Logitech Unifying Software:

Program allows you to add or remove devices.  Your devices are both compatible with this program

Go here and read about their unifying software:

https://community.logitech.com/s/feed/0D53100005101fSCAQ

Then go here and down the Logitec Unifying software program  with a walk through:

Logitech Unifying Software   [http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying]

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

what to do?

Follow centexcompsvcs advice in post #8.  It should solve the problem.

Most of Logitech's recent mice, keyboards, etc. can work with the same USB receiver (the little gizmo you plug into the side of the laptop) as long as you have installed the Unifying Software onto the computer.  The Unifying Software lets you match up one USB receiver to as many as 6 different mice and keyboards.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply