cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint about idc-comm

On June 7, 2017 I purchased the following spectrum analyzer from idc-comm"

HP / Agilent 8591C 1 MHz - 1.8 GHZ 75 Ohm Spectrum Analyzer. Many Options.

( 382112977183 )
I paid on June 8 using PayPal.
One June 11 idc-comm sent me a message stating they only shipped via USPS. I had indicated I did not want my unit shipped by USPS since they had previously lost an analyzer I purchased. I was out of town working and could not check my messages. When I returned I discovered that idc-comm had canceled my purchase on June 13 and refunded my money because I had not replied.  I think this was uncalled for. I paid immediately and did not indicate I would absolutely not accept USPS. Idc-comm did not state in their auction that they only shipped by USPS. If they had I would have contacted them. Now they have relisted MY spectrum analyzer with the hope of selling it for a higher price. I am not happy and not happy with eBay in that I cannot leave feedback.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

complaint about idc-comm

@gordwedman wrote:

On June 7, 2017 I purchased the following spectrum analyzer from idc-comm"

HP / Agilent 8591C 1 MHz - 1.8 GHZ 75 Ohm Spectrum Analyzer. Many Options.

( 382112977183 )
I paid on June 8 using PayPal.
One June 11 idc-comm sent me a message stating they only shipped via USPS. I had indicated I did not want my unit shipped by USPS since they had previously lost an analyzer I purchased. I was out of town working and could not check my messages. When I returned I discovered that idc-comm had canceled my purchase on June 13 and refunded my money because I had not replied.  I think this was uncalled for. I paid immediately and did not indicate I would absolutely not accept USPS. Idc-comm did not state in their auction that they only shipped by USPS. If they had I would have contacted them. Now they have relisted MY spectrum analyzer with the hope of selling it for a higher price. I am not happy and not happy with eBay in that I cannot leave feedback.

You bought it and then told the seller not to ship via their chosen shipper? That's way out of line, and I'm not surprised that the seller refunded; they've probably blocked you too.

If you wanted ANY change to the seller's stated terms, you should have asked before buying, and if you received a negative reply or no reply, you should have looked elsewhere.

It's not your analyzer. Move on.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

complaint about idc-comm

Just remember for the future that it's not up to you to choose shipping methods. That's the sellers choice. You can ask politely prior to bidding if they'll ship a certain way but don't complain if they say no.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

complaint about idc-comm

I said they did not state their shipping method in the auction. Can you guys read?

If they said USPS I would have contacted them to ask about this. In my note to the seller when paying I said "Please do not ship by USPS as they have lost a previous spectrum analyzer that I purchased" I didn't insist on a different means of shipping. Cancelling my winning bid after only 2 days was out of line. There was no reason he could not have waited longer for my reply. Where in his auction did it say replies to questions must be answered in 2 days or winning bids will be canceled? This is **bleep**.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

complaint about idc-comm

If you don't want a seller to use a particular carrier, and if the listing doesn't specify the carrier, it's YOUR responsibility to ask BEFORE bidding/buying.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

complaint about idc-comm

Just to add a little bit of pragmatics to the conversation;
First, I alway check the shipping method, for me, it has to be USPS or I will hit the back button, both UPS and FedEx are a 2 hour trip for me. Which is also why I only list auctions using USPS, if I select "Standard/Economy" shipping and it doesn't specify the carrier I alway put USPS in the listing description.

Second, I generally don't ask sellers questions, if it is not in the description then they can't be bothered and have found they can get testy if riddled, I have found almost 100% of what I am looking for is available elsewhere from a seller who meets my needs.

Lastly, I always answer buyers questions asap especially if you know you have auctions ending soon. If they ask about a different shipping method I simply explain that only USPS is available for me, if they already bid/bought then I will cancel at buyers request or problem with buyer address.

Also, and I don't know if it is true anymore but some sellers don't answer questions because they fear being rated below standard on their DSRs if a buyer didn't like the reply, not responding would not allow a buyer to rate them on communications because there wasn't any.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply