cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute: Seller is not sending me return label

A seller shipped me a 48-Volt power-supply for a PoE switch that delivers defectively near 60 volt.....deadly high for PoE and the Cisco switch.
I have provided the seller with evidence, pictures and he/she is just playing dumb.

Now I asked eBay to step in and the seller has to provide me with a free return-shipping label before tomorrow so I can ship it back and receive finally after more than a month my refund....

But you can guess it.......
-the seller doesn't provide me with a (free) return-shipping label,
-and as such it can not be tracked either if i decide to ship it myself through the post office and pay for it myself

-and most likely neither the seller or eBay will reimburse me for the shipping costs made in this "post-office" way.
-as the shipping costs back to china are double to price the power-supply is worth.....
-And the seller is playing dumb again and just ignoring my questions......

What can I do  ?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@barpinchas0 

If the seller is from China, they can't provide a return shipping label.

They need to send you the funds to cover the return shipping, but they won't.

If the case has been open 4 days, return to the case and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 
You mean......4 days after the latest date of return-shipping (for which i should have had a free shipping label)?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@barpinchas0 wrote:

@kensgiftshop 
You mean......4 days after the latest date of return-shipping (for which i should have had a free shipping label)?

4 days after you file for the return.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@barpinchas0 wrote:

@kensgiftshop 

Four days after you opened the case.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@kensgiftshopand @alcoforever 

where can I find this part to ask eBay to step in? As this part of eBay stepping in was already invoked when I complained about the seller's behaviour (and where the Chinese seller was supposed to send me a shipping-label).

When I go through the links that eBay provides in this case, it looks like a loop where I dont have an opportunity to approach eBay with a request to review what is happening, as I keep returning to the part where I have to ship the item back, but I did not receive a label nor a seller approval to return it, etc....

Any idea's how to solve this loop ?
Are there any links that might be helpful in such a case?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

where can I find this part to ask eBay to step in? As this part of eBay stepping in was already invoked when I complained about the seller's behaviour (and before the Chinese seller was supposed to send me a shipping-label, which he did not.)

When I go through the links that eBay provides in this case, it looks like a loop where I dont have an opportunity to approach eBay with a request to review what is happening --> I keep returning to the part where I have to ship the item back before the 23rd, but I did not receive a label nor did I receive seller approval to return it as the seller plays dumb, etc....

Any idea's how to solve this loop ?
Any links where I can approach eBay directly and let them review the case ?
Are there any links that might be helpful in such a case?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The 'escalate' button will show, in the case, after the 4 days. Not before. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"Normal" PoE voltage is between 41V and 57V depending on the standard and is higher than spec when read with a multimeter (because with current flowing over long runs, resistance can drag the voltage down to less than 48 at the client device). Are you sure this item is defective? 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The button will not show if the seller already "accepted the return".   Problem is he accepted it but never provided a label.   Obviously this is old but I'd like to Know how such things are handled.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Old topic, but....HOW were you able to even get ebay involved!??  I have NO button to "Contact eBay" despite it being well past the date given to be able to do so.  Seller keeps giving me the runaround & I do not trust giving this seller my PayPal information.  100% deceitful listing that wasn't at all as described (MUCH smaller handkerchief listed as a tank top 🤦‍♂️). I have shared obvious evidence with pictures and measurements showing this, but am stuck.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

This!!  Message 6 of 10 by barphinchas0 is my issue as well.  I cannot contact ebay about this dispute.  Please advise!!  

ebay staff??

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Yes!!  This is the loop problem we're all describing.  

ebay doesn't seem to care at all. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

You probably would get more answers if you started your own thread rather than tagging on to an older one.

Was your seller also in China? If so, he cannot send a label, but is required to reimburse you in advance.

After you opened the item not as described case, you needed to return to it after 4 full days and ask eBay to step in.  The button to do that does not usually appear until it's been at least 96 hours and less than 30 days.

But if you will start your own thread, you may get more answers, better perhaps.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Well past the date,,,,,,after opening a case if you do not go back to the case and ask eBay for help then the case closes in 21 days for "no activity. "

Message 15 of 15
latest reply