cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Hardly a professional seamstress.  I minored in theater arts and really loved costume design and sewing, but its only been since I started collecting dolls that I have found how very zen sewing is when it is deadline free...

thanks I will look up imageshak, cuz I am just crazed with pb.

Today's doll is my lovely Madame alexander cissette in a Rosemarie Ionker pattern designed for Tiny KittyCollier.....terri

photo 55bad313-7462-4706-88fe-f6d916f8ca2b_zps81bc44f1.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1636 of 2,404
latest reply

She is wonderful, a real Lady !

Here is another S&H of mine from Image shack

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Message 1637 of 2,404
latest reply

Her eyes are a dark blue can hardly see them, Lol, lol, Lynn

Message 1638 of 2,404
latest reply

This Barbie collector couldn't help herself.  I fell in love with the face.  She's a Horsman with vinyl limbs, cloth body.

Anna
Message 1639 of 2,404
latest reply

Yes, I can why you had to have her, she has a VERY sweet face,enjoy her, Lynn

Message 1640 of 2,404
latest reply

So beautiful!

My doll for the day is the fabulous Tonner Wicked  Elphaba.  I am so in love with her face!

I have her dressed in another Ionker design pattern for Tyler.  It is faux ermine and has vintage gros grain ribbon ruffles....terri

Elphaba Tonner Wicked photo DSCN6567_zps833e5e7e.jpg Elphaba Tonner Wicked photo DSCN6563_zps5302908d.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1641 of 2,404
latest reply

tacky, She does have a beautiful face,  gorgeous.

Anna
Message 1642 of 2,404
latest reply

What a Beautiful Doll, she reminds me of some Actress, thanks so much, I like her a lot, Lynn

Message 1643 of 2,404
latest reply

1159 Jumeau Body Lynn

Message 1644 of 2,404
latest reply

A small one by Cathy Hanson

Message 1645 of 2,404
latest reply

I'm not into Tonner dolls but the skin tone of that wicked Elphaba is wicked. Shimmers with light. Interesting.

My 2 Plusczok dolls as they accompanied me to the Philadelphia flower show 2 weeks ago.

Philadelphia flower show 2013

Message 1646 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh what precious dolls!  I love every one of them and the tulips are so wonderful!  My two tulips bloomed and fell apart in a heat wave here....I do love them!

So now I have this obsession to do the whole Wizard of Oz thing ala project runway....

I am working on Brenda Starr plays the part of Glinda in a cocktail length bubble dress.  And then I have Little Red Riding hood plays the part of Dorothy in a modern

Gwen Stefani esque look.  And then I have Tyler, Alex and Ellowlynne plays the part of the tin man, lion and scarecrow!  OK, Im in deep....here is Glinda so far, but I want to drape the taffeta as straps and maybe put some rhinestones on her....I don't know....what do you think?....terri

tonner brenda starr as glinda photo DSCN6568_zps00c019fe.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1647 of 2,404
latest reply

Great pictures Great dolls, how did they like the Flower show??

Brenda Starr, I used to read her books, never thought she looked that Wonderul Love her, Lynn

Message 1648 of 2,404
latest reply

Decoed to keep this one and found just the hat for her, she is a copy of French doll and the hat is a pipin's hat Lynn

photo frenchnewpipinhat_zpscd604c0f.jpg

Message 1649 of 2,404
latest reply

The flower show is a big thing here in Philadelphia, it's huge! This year, they had a British theme, so they decorated with flowers, British icons like the red double decker bus, beatles, BIg Ben, Princess D with her flower hats etc. I love the flower competitions. The tickets were expensive though, $27 online and $32 at the gate.

The 2 dollies loved it. It's my first outing with them, I took a good look at both of them under the glittery lights, their eyes glowed and their facial colors stood out. Many people asked me about them, where I got them. The high quality vinyl was very clear under spotlight. 

Message 1650 of 2,404
latest reply