cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Oh! And who is that peeking out of the trunk drawer?  Cute!

Tomorrow is my day to go 'doll' hunting.  Wish me luck!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1126 of 2,404
latest reply

American Character "Carol Ann Beery", 16" compo, A/O: 

::::Jaw drops open and lands on desk::::

That is THE most BEAUTIFUL Carol Ann Beery I have EVER seen.. including the ones in books...

How have I never seen you post this one Pat.. were you just waiting to catch me by surprise and give me a heart attack!?? 😉  

She's... GORGEOUS..

I am having a serious case of DOLLY LUST now.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1127 of 2,404
latest reply

Alllrighty. I have regained consciousness after being gobsmacked by Pat's last post....

😉

LOVELY additions to the thread since I last popped in.  Love the Patsy, Marie.. that's a fabulous trunk. I love trunks, as you may recall.  LOL.

So.

I got a surprise this week.  My older son's former first grade teacher (the 'kid' is 39 now omg 😮  ) contacted me through Facebook and said she had a Terri Lee doll.  She said that nobody else in the family was interested.. would I like to have her?? Well. Duh.

Terri Lee showed up today.. she needs some work, but...I think she'll turn out ok.. She's wearing a tagged outfit and came with the tagged white fur coat and muff.  My friend said the story is that her mom didn't buy a coat one winter so the doll could have a coat. LOL.  And her grandmother made the long green dress.  (I recognize that pattern!!! )

The beautifully crafted home-made dress: *it's soaking, it was filthy)

The white fur coat and muff:

Also she sent me her Terri Lee book!

Terri Lee is looking around and already the other girls have whispered to her that she needs to start asking for more clothes. :^O

All in all.. it was a lovely surprise from a really lovely lady. :-x

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1128 of 2,404
latest reply

Choca, what a lovely story, lovely lady and a lovly doll too! That handmade dress is so very pretty.

Marie, your wax baby just melts my heart every time I see her. That is such a gorgeous display.

Pat, I agree with Chris, Carol Ann Beery is a favorite face, and yours is spectacular! Ooooooh I am jealous.

I am waiting on a few arrivals I am excited about, but was pleasantly suprised when I went into a local consignment the other day. I have never been a Tiny Tears fan... they are too hard, I like the snuggly dolls from that era, and "grandma hair" on a baby makes me crazy. BUT this little one was so small I thought she was cute...

Sigh. I got one shot of her before my battery conked out, and now I am getting a photobucket error message 😞 I guess she's shy.

Photobucket
Message 1129 of 2,404
latest reply

Parker People (K-Lynn):   

Pat G.

Message 1130 of 2,404
latest reply

hi everyone, i came in to look thru again, sure enjoy seeing everyone's "ladies"

Bethy your Bru is be-e-e-autiful! i do especially like a closed mouth

Choca yaaay painted eye Terri Lee [:O betcha already removed those plastic shoes]

Shirley Good luck hope you find s'thing that tickles your fancy!

waving to ev'one~~ g'day and weekend everyone ~Diane

a mini Red Riding...

MA RR old

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1131 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh, posted before I read.  Thanks for the nice comments on Carol Ann Beery.  Am I the only one here old enough to remember Wallace Beery (her father)?

Pat G.

Message 1132 of 2,404
latest reply

Choca...Great Terri Lee! You said she needs work, but I  think she looks wonderful. Lucky to have the white fur coat and muff.
Good for you.  Glad the teacher remembered you collected dolls.  Nice things happens to nice people.

Shirley...In my own mind I have the story of my twins..I made it up.  I think the blue eyed girl was the gift, the brown eyed girl was a gift to an older child.  The blue eyed girl has been well played with.  Dress soiled, hair pretty much gone.  Again I made this up.  my Mom would buy three items for my kids, even though it was only one birthday.  She never wanted to leave the other two out.  Who knows.  😄

BMD..Thanks. 
 I purchased that wax baby for a lovely seller here on ebay.  I love her too.

Shirley, good luck doll hunting...

Marie

Message 1133 of 2,404
latest reply

Chipmunk, thanks for the info on the twins, they are awesome. Love the wax baby too.

Walda Tart

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1134 of 2,404
latest reply

Beauteous, fun dolls all 'round. Love that Lady lavender, and Marie's beauties...Patkins too. I cannot see Choco's pix:_|

Sorry if I left anyone out, very tired tonight.

Patra ( Bella)
the sky is falling, the sky is falling, or is that manna from heaven?
Message 1135 of 2,404
latest reply

Patra....:-x

Chaplins, is that Ms Waldas cousin, twice removed!  Great do over.

Message 1136 of 2,404
latest reply

I've visited this thread many times and enjoy looking at all the dolls.

My youngest granddaugter really didn't trust this doll when she visited me.

Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
I am fresh out of witty banter!!
Message 1137 of 2,404
latest reply

That is Walda's ran away to the circus and became a tart cousin.

Photobucket

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1138 of 2,404
latest reply

Hi everyone!!

Marie--Your dolls are so pretty.  Love the pic of the first one; so pretty!!

Chaplin--Love your smoker!

Diane--And your Lil Red!!  And a tiny caramel apple too!  I did get somewhat lucky.  Found a 1973 Barbie Beach Bus in very good shape. What fun!  I don't think I am getting that doll room cleared out very well.  But, I told myself I could 'store' some stuff in Barbie's Bus now:-p

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1139 of 2,404
latest reply

Beautiful dolls everybody.

Vintage Alexander infused face Cissy.  Cissy lace blouse and pearl necklace.  Repro skirt and hat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 1140 of 2,404
latest reply