cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Marie, your bride is breathtaking. Literally. (you know that first instant of seeing a magnificent doll...or maybe the Grand Canyon or a Van Gogh...that causes that sharp, involuntary breath intake).

Message 406 of 2,404
latest reply

Sweet little Florodora with composition-wood jointed body who came yesterday. I'm much too excited to wait until her new mohair wig and cork pate arrive to show her off!

I've wanted an antique Bleuette sized doll to sew for and am just thrilled to have found such a pretty girl.

BTW, I owe her to you Boardies. Under your influence, I recently sold off many dolls to focus on the ones that bring the most pleasure.

Message 407 of 2,404
latest reply

Best Wishes to the Bride to be from lovely Sandra Sue, in someone else's gown....

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 408 of 2,404
latest reply

What wonderful news, Bella!  Best wishes to you both!

These composition twin dolls are marked "Perfect."  I got them from the estate of a 90 year old woman who was herself an identical twin!

Photobucket

Message 409 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh Lynn, I love the twins! Aren't they just the sweetest thing!!!

Congratulations and Best Wishes to the Bride to Be!

May you, too, have all the happiness I've found at this point in life! :-x

This is Toni, in what I believe is a Sweet Sue Dress...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 410 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks so much Judith.  I too love all the bride photos in honor of our Bella.

Judith, the gown my SH, HH is wearing is cut and sewed from my own wedding gown.  Like most doll collectors, who are around my age, we are old thrift shop shoppers.  Years ago, before the antique shows on TV one could find great items for near nothing.  One thing I always noticed was just how many wedding dresses were for sale for just a few dollars.  I began collecting "whites" years and years ago and at different times did fine lovely short christening dresses, I don't think I ever found a long one, those were found at antique stores.  Anyway, my daughter did not want to wear my gown when she married, and my fear of it turning up in a thrift shop some day prompted my to cut it down and make a christening gown.  It took me nearly the entire winter to do it.  The crown she is wearing is the crown I wore and then again my daughter wore when she made her first communion.  I also made a little purse and tacked it to the inside of the dress.  In there is a card with my name, my husbands name, date we were married and why and when it was made into a Christening gown.

Sorry my story is so long winded.......but it did feel good reliving  that story.  I love memories.....Marie:-x

Message 411 of 2,404
latest reply

Sending my very Best Wishes to you, sweet Bella:-x

I love seeing everyones Brides, so pretty:-x

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 412 of 2,404
latest reply

What a wonderful keepsake, Marie!  I hope that you will all forgive a second posting in the same day, but I managed to find a bride for Bella 🙂  She is Sweet Sue.

Photobucket

Message 413 of 2,404
latest reply

PS: Marie:-x I love your stories.....

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 414 of 2,404
latest reply

Do I see a trend here? 

Pat G.

Message 415 of 2,404
latest reply

I missed this topic~

I am just sighing over the dolls, there is so much history and lovliness in dolls.

I have been selling, feeling crowded, but on the other side of the coin, feeling that one can never have too many (or enough?) dolls.

Message 416 of 2,404
latest reply

Oops, forgot that I can't edit.

These are two of my first Himstedts (both sold now)

Nuala (2006) and Milla (2007)

Message 417 of 2,404
latest reply

Patra,

Wonderful news! Wishing you and your new partner joy, laughter, and a great life:-x

Camille

Message 418 of 2,404
latest reply

Uneeda Suzanne:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 419 of 2,404
latest reply

Marie, thanks for the story of your bride's beautiful gown. Wish we could know the stories of all old dolls.

Choca, isn't little Suzanne just the cutest thing?

Another day of beautiful dolls. Love this thread!

Message 420 of 2,404
latest reply