cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

OH, LOL!  She does look like she's had a hard day and needs some "Me" time.....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 2146 of 2,404
latest reply

Lady Lee is a cheery mama doll made by Halco, 1949-1953.  She is a transitional doll with a hard-plastic head and soft body and compo limbs.  At 29 inches tall, she has the sweetest and happy face with rosy cheeks.  Her original brite yellow taffeta polka-dot skirt and top brightens her smile even more.  She is unmarked, but has a verified pedigree from doll reference books.

Message 2147 of 2,404
latest reply

She is beautiful!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2148 of 2,404
latest reply

So many great dolls!  

I'll go outside my normal hard plastic gals and add a Gre-poir with a smudgy face....  i've always loved her curls.

Beautiful dolls, each and everyone , congratulations !

Lady Lee  looks a lot like Fluffee, also from Halco.  Fluffee is on my Wish List ...

I did not see  in detail Fluffee's body, only pictures,  but the faces are very similar.

Great doll !

Message 2150 of 2,404
latest reply

I'll add one 🙂

Riley & Tulah work on some music

Girls Found Rock Instruments-PB260047.jpg

Message 2151 of 2,404
latest reply

I like the Rileys.  But I love these little gals' shoes!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2152 of 2,404
latest reply

I remember when every fall / new school year, brought a new pair of saddle oxfords 🙂

Message 2153 of 2,404
latest reply

Linda, I think your Lady Lee is wonderful, I love how rosy she is- she just glows!

Nieve, I've always wanted a Riley- they look like they're so much fun.

I don't think my pic from before showed, all I see is a question mark now even though I thought was there before...  

Guess I can't cut and paste...  Pfffft...  Computers!!!

I'll try again using the tree.

h 019.jpg

@nieve wrote:

I remember when every fall / new school year, brought a new pair of saddle oxfords 🙂

Oh I remember those days too!  I had to go through things back home and I did find a pair of my old saddle shoes(a pretty small pair).  Don't know what I was thinking.......I did not keep themSmiley Sad  But, sheesh, you can't hang on to everything.

Message 2155 of 2,404
latest reply

Lady Lee is a gorgeous doll!    A perfect example of this doll!

Goldie
Message 2156 of 2,404
latest reply

Lovely Cissy!

Goldie
Message 2157 of 2,404
latest reply

I'm liking the fashionistas lately.
Message 2158 of 2,404
latest reply

red&jane.JPG

Message 2159 of 2,404
latest reply

hello folks ~ wishing everyone a lovely weekend and Blessed Easter ~ xoxo Diane

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/905b6d3e.gif

Choca ~ i luv your Suzette in polka dots!

my Effanbee Brenda 16" redressed, unmarked compo 11" original outfit, Littlechap bookbag

DCred duo.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 2160 of 2,404
latest reply