cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

goldiegirl500 What a lovely dress and she's a big girl 20". Did you make the dress. The color matches her eyes.

I've been melancholic lately, on the verge of giving up the doll hobby.

Sigh. Here's Christian, some people say he looks like a Pharisee Smiley Tongue

Message 2086 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh No!   Don't give up your doll hobby......just put it on the back burner if you have to.    You will get through it your bad time and then be able to feel good again and your dolls will be waiting for you.....been there, done that, lol!

Your doll is stunning!    He is a beautiful doll!

Yes, I made the cocktail dress for the 20" Toni.  I reminds me of the cocktail dresses my Mom wore.   I think I saw this dress in an old movie one time.

Goldie
Message 2087 of 2,404
latest reply

I noticed the differences in faces among all the dolls that come in different sizes.  Miss Revlons, Tonis, etc.

To me, they are totally different dolls!   

Goldie

Goldie
Message 2088 of 2,404
latest reply

goldiegirl: your doll and dress are just beautiful!

fragile_bloom: Nooooooooooooo don't leave the hobby! Your guy is gorgeous! He and Toni would be a cute couple.  My girls love looking at your boys!

Another doll has become Charlie Chaplin...this is a My Twinn! 

photo 195f7313-cd9a-4c9f-bb03-9b556740be95_zps0fc1b09a.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 2089 of 2,404
latest reply

Chaplinssmile,

I love your new Charlie Chaplin. So cute.

Message 2090 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks skitter_bug!!!!

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 2091 of 2,404
latest reply

Smiley LOL....Chaplinssmile, you were pretty sharp to mention my Christian and Goldiegirl500's Toni being a cute couple. When I saw that Toni (20"), my first taught was.......wow, Christian should date her. They will look cute together. So, I posted his photo. Man Embarassed That dress is so beautiful and elegant. I don't mind wearing one myself. 

Your new Charlie Chaplin has a realistic look. At first glance, I thought you photoshopped a human head to fit on that body but you mention it's a My Twinn. I can't tell. Woman Sad I am not good with recognizing sculpts and head molds.

Goldiegirl500 and Chaplinssmile, thanks for the encouragement. I will put the hobby on the back burner. However, I might still try to get the new Volks release of Saito Hajime this March. He's too hard to resist. Smiley Sad

Message 2092 of 2,404
latest reply

love him . What a doll

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2093 of 2,404
latest reply

What a darling transformation of a My Twinn into a Charlie Chaplin!    Love it!

Goldie

Goldie
Message 2094 of 2,404
latest reply

This is a wonderful idea for a thread because after all- "A doll a day keeps the doldrums away."

Message 2095 of 2,404
latest reply

This one of my favorite girls right now. My mom and I collect together and this is the first one she bought me. I grew up in the 80's and although this is 1997 Oreo Fun Doll (of the recall!) she looks so reminiscent of the dolls I played with. And the hair!!!
Message 2096 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh- and I want this doll so badly I could about keel over and die- Moon Goddess by the one and only Mr. Mackie....*Swoon*
Message 2097 of 2,404
latest reply

This is my 10.5 inch vintage Suzette fashion doll. 
I made her this outfit awhile back.. I guess she's ready for spring, too!!!

F Suzanne.jpg

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 2098 of 2,404
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh is she so cute.

Now, I have a question.  I have over 30 Revlons. They all look different to me.  Whether its how the hair falls, or the slight difference in eye color, or just the color or placement of the eyebrows.  I don't know what it is.

Does anyone that has multiples of the same doll, like Bubble cut Barbies, etc. see a difference in the look from one doll to another?

Or is my hubby right, that I really am losing it, lol!!

And hello everyone!!

Message 2099 of 2,404
latest reply

Well.... mothers can tell their twins apart.... so... I guess we can tell our dolls apart!

Message 2100 of 2,404
latest reply