cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Hi. I was wondering if I could get some help with this tag. It has Walt Disney productions on tag so I know it was made between 1934-1984; but could anyone narrow that down for me alittle?
Thank you 🙂

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 1156 of 1,793
latest reply

I was hoping that you may be able to help me. I have a stuffed animal that I believe came from Walt Disney World. I am not sure about anything else though. It appears to be one of the bears from the Country Bear jamboree. I was wondering if you could tell me approx. what year it was made in, or an approximate value? The tag says Walt Disney Productions, and it was made by California Stuffed Toys. Thanks for your help.

Nicole (dumpsterkitty78)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 1157 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was wondering if I could get some help with this tag. It has Walt Disney productions on tag so I know it was made between 1934-1984; but could anyone narrow that down for me alittle?

ANSWER:
This appears to have been made in the late 1970's; early 1980's. Value would be estimated at approx. $25 - $50.
Message 1158 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was hoping that you may be able to help me. I have a stuffed animal that I believe came from Walt Disney World. I am not sure about anything else though. It appears to be one of the bears from the Country Bear jamboree. I was wondering if you could tell me approx. what year it was made in, or an approximate value? The tag says Walt Disney Productions, and it was made by California Stuffed Toys. Thanks for your help.

ANSWER:
"Big Al" was created between 1972 - 1974. Country Bear Jamboree opened at WDW in 1971, and these would have sold during the final years of the California Stuffed Toys contract.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1159 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I've been trying to date this Disney Productions studio pass. All I can tell for certain is that it was produced after Alice in Wonderland, since it features the Cheshire Cat on the map side. I'm guessing maybe 60s though? It came from the estate of a woman who worked for Disney at one time.

ANSWER:
This one is tough!

Stage 4 was divided into Stage 4 & 5 in 1988 so that dates it earlier... as does the Walt Disney Productions copyright (though this stock was often used at the studio well past the introduction of the Walt Disney Company copyright in 1985/1986.).

Frankly, we would have assumed the 1970's; as they produced a telephone directory at that time with the same colors. However we've looked through employee records from the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's, and found no "Salazar"; though we did find on in a 1997 directory; Joe Salazar in the Camara department.

sorry we couldn't be more helpful!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1160 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I recently got a felt hat with felt ears made by Benay Hat Co. and I was looking for a date.

This hat has a different logo on the front with a big "M" and Mickey's face. It says Mouseketeers and is Walt Disney Prod.

There is a face on the other side with googley eyes and a button nose. The felt ears are held on by staples.

The stampings inside are listed as Belevedere I think as that is faded a bit and Benay Hat Co. Maspeth, NY with the rest of that label too faded to read.

Is there anywhere I can go to read more about the timeline of this hat including value and proper preservation?

ANSWER:
Felt Hats (with felt ears) are often overlooked in today's marketplace; but these are the real-deal from the 1950's. Benay-Albee Novelty Company (Maspeth, NY) produced novelty products for Disney between 1956 - 1987.
The felt ears cause increasing disappointment among the nation's children, and were quickly replaced with plastic ears that stood on their own.

We'd just recommend storing the felt hats inside a sealed container (many are carried at the Container Store); and placed inside a standard hat box. This will prevent contact with dust and insects; major enemies of any fabric. Keep it in a dry space; away from moisture and major swings in temperature (No attics or basements).

The hats aren't worth a fortune... but often sell for $25 - $50 or more.
Message 1161 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I've been trying to date this Disney Productions studio pass. All I can tell for certain is that it was produced after Alice in Wonderland, since it features the Cheshire Cat on the map side. I'm guessing maybe 60s though? It came from the estate of a woman who worked for Disney at one time.

ANSWER:
This one is tough!

Stage 4 was divided into Stage 4 & 5 in 1988 so that dates it earlier... as does the Walt Disney Productions copyright (though this stock was often used at the studio well past the introduction of the Walt Disney Company copyright in 1985/1986.).

Frankly, we would have assumed the 1970's; as they produced a telephone directory at that time with the same colors. However we've looked through employee records from the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's, and found no "Salazar"; though we did find on in a 1997 directory; Joe Salazar in the Camara department.

sorry we couldn't be more helpful!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys

That is helpful, even though the name didn't turn up. It's definitely older than '97 for a number of reasons, and 70s is quite plausible.

I think it's telling that the title "Mr" is printed on the piece!

Thanks!
Message 1162 of 1,793
latest reply

kellyrahrah
Enthusiast
Question: I have a Disney box ( about the size of a lunch box). It is wooden, has a red plastic looking handle, has Donald Duck on one side, a car full of Disney characters on one. The interior of the box is covered in printed Disney paper and it has a metal piece in the middle of one side, like a mirror. It looks like a smaller version of a makeup case or something like that. Any ideas of what it is, how old it might be, and value?
Message 1163 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Mr. Mason,

Question: My husband has a Goebel piece that he has had for quite a while. It is around 6" tall, and it is Goofy holding an old fashioned tripod camera. The "glaze" is glossy.

Does this ring any bells? Thanks in advance 🙂
Message 1164 of 1,793
latest reply

Here's a picture of the Goofy in question (I hope this works):

Message 1165 of 1,793
latest reply

queen_of_wands
Enthusiast
Hello,
I have an original pen drawing from 1931 of Mickey Mouse in a Polytechnic High School Los Angeles yearbook. The drawing is full-page and is signed "Shorty" Scudder. Can you tell me if Shorty Scudder ever worked for Disney? What is the value of this item.

Thank you - queen_of_wands
Message 1166 of 1,793
latest reply

my friend just called and she has about 6 stuffed disney animals that she bought in the 1950's - 1960's on her trips to disneyland(flower, eyeore, pooh, lady & the tramp, and some others). they are all in mint condition, packed up. she originally paid around $1 for them. i know this is pretty vague, but i will call her and get more details if you need me to...just let me know what info you need. she was hoping to get an estimated value if any.
thanks!
Message 1167 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have an original pen drawing from 1931 of Mickey Mouse in a Polytechnic High School Los Angeles yearbook. The drawing is full-page and is signed "Shorty" Scudder. Can you tell me if Shorty Scudder ever worked for Disney? What is the value of this item.

ANSWER:
We're not aware of an animator by that name, and in 1931 it's unlikely that Mickey would have had the level of popularity that he enjoys today. He was still young... and still rapidly developing into the character we know today. It's a nice novelty piece; but wouldn't be valued much more highly than other yearbooks of the same vintage.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1168 of 1,793
latest reply

RE: Goebel Goofy Photgrapher... We're not familiar with this one; but it looks to be from the early to mid 1980's. If we find more information, we'll post it here.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1169 of 1,793
latest reply

bdkopelman
Enthusiast
Aloha Dave,

I have a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs oval mirror. It is one and one half feet in length, and one and one quarter feet in width. The tag on the back reads: "Walt Disney Productions, made by Sentinel Creations Bronx New York." I am interested in putting it up for auction, however I haven't been able to find out any information that would lead me to it's value. Can you please help or lead me to the sources that can help? Feel free to ask if you need more information or would like a picture.
Thank You very much for your time!
bdkopelman@gmail.com
Message 1170 of 1,793
latest reply