cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

"Rules of the Nautical Road" was completed for the United States Navy in 1943; adapted from a book by Raymond Farwell. Essencially, it dealt with the traffic rules for ships. As the rules of navigation were based on the various positions of red and green lights... the series was produced in color.

The film starts with a review of a 1917 naval diaster that resulted in an explosion killing over two thousand and injured over twenty-thousand.

The film had 26 parts and used many still images / slides throughout; primarily to keep costs within budget. The author, Farwell, actually moved into Walt Disney's office suite during production of the series; staying six months until an available Burbank apartment could be found.

Throughout 1943, over 90 percent of film footage produced at the Studio was completed under government contract. In essence, the Studio became a war plant not unlike that of many other industrial companies in operation at that time.

Unfortunately, I have no access to price comparisons for recent sales of these war films. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful in that regard.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions
Message 1666 of 1,793
latest reply

Mr Mason,

Thank you very much for your time and the information.

Tom

Message 1667 of 1,793
latest reply

I have 19 loose "letter" tickets from Disneyland.  Two of the "B" tickets are very different.  They only list one attraction in each land:  Main Street- Main St. Cinema, Tomorrowland- Art of Animation exhibit, and Fantasyland- Casey Jr. Circus Train.  Can you tell me anything about these tickets? Oh the serial numbers are F281651.

Thanks!  

Chris

ireadrideroam@cox.net

Message 1668 of 1,793
latest reply

Much depends on when the B tickets were issued; and without seeing them I'm at somewhat of a handicap. The Tomorrowland "Art of Animation" exhibit opened in 1960... so they're not the earliest or most valuable tickets. Generally speaking, E tickets have the most value; and other letters from the first ticket books (Oct thru Dec. 1955) have value as well. The E ticket was introduced in June 1959. Also, the date code is actually found on the ticket book cover; rather than on the tickets themselves. The serial numbers are much more difficult to use for dating the tickets.
Message 1669 of 1,793
latest reply

Since these tickets are loose I have no idea of the date.  I just didn't see any on line that looked like them!  Thanks for your help!

Message 1670 of 1,793
latest reply

If you have a chance to send a picture... I can probably help. There are specifics on each ticket that help identify it... but without seeing them... I'd just be guessing.
Message 1671 of 1,793
latest reply

Small Bronze Pin

Can't font this anywhere on the web. Was bought in in 1959 by my wife's mother? What is this?

Message 1672 of 1,793
latest reply

I can't quite make out the details on the back of the item... but this is clearly Walt Disney's Winnie the Pooh... with the Walt Disney Productions copyright mark... indicating that the piece would have been manufactured between 1964 and 1985. Walt bought the rights to Winnie the Pooh in 1961 and the first merchandise was released in 1964 (though I'm not aware of any jewelry that was part of that early release). The image of Winnie the Pooh with his balloon has its origins in the first two chapters of the A.A. Milne book of "Winnie the Pooh." This story was integrated into Walt's first animated short film featuring the Pooh characters, "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" (1966). Your piece looks like a brass brooch (or large pin); though I don't see evidence of a clasp in the photo. There were several brass Disney items produced in Italy in the late 1960's / early 1970's... but I haven't seen this included among them before. We probably need a few more clues before we can track down a more specific date. The name of the company that produced the item doesn't seem to be referenced... nor does the country where the item was manufactured... two fairly common markings on all Disney merchandise. However... there are exceptions... and there is likely more to this story. Sorry I can't help more... but that's the extent of what I can say for sure right now. If I hear more... I'll let you know!
Message 1673 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello. 

I have a Donald Duck, with cord connecting the arms and legs, probably 1930s celluloid toy. On rear is made in Japan, however, it is marked copyright, WALT. not Disney. I have viewed other similar, but they are stamped Disney. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Justin

Message 1674 of 1,793
latest reply

The level of detail  on this piece is surprising. My wife and I are still dumbfounded been curious about its origins.  It turns out that my wife's mother did visit Disney World on the second occasion in the mid to late 60s but she does not remember exactly where or when she purchased it she's 80 years old now.  As you can see from the photos there is a foldable pin on the top back of the balloon,  The balloon is also connected to the pool figure on a swivel so he can swing back and forth.  The only markings that I can see even with a magnifying glass are  The copyright and Walt Disney productions.  Any other ideas or information you might have on this would be appreciated. IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

Message 1675 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi.

I have  kennington shirt from the early 1970's . It has Mickey and Minnie playing tennis. Do you know of a good price to sell and where 

Message 1676 of 1,793
latest reply

Walt Disney World opened in October 1971... and if purchased there... it's likely that it came from the new jewelry shop at the Contemporary Hotel (just below the Monorail track on the Grand Canyon Concourse level; same level as the restaurants).  The store was known as Kingdom Jewelers, Ltd... and was designed in emerald green colors and mirrors.  You'll also see that they sold much of their jewelry in boxes similar to the one you have.  I can't say for sure... but that's likely where she found it.  Maybe that'll ring a bell?!kingdom jewelers ltd.JPG

Message 1677 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi,

I have this sketch/drawing and have had it since i was a kid: http://imgur.com/AqzbUwO,M6ss2DV

My grandpa (Jim Handley) worked for disney around the 1930's but not exactly sure when.

I am wondering how authentic it is. and if it is, what is it worth.

Ryan Handley

Message 1678 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello,  I found this doll today, she measures approximately 12" tall.  She's wearing overalls that have Disneyland Resorts embroidered on them, and the tag on her side says Walt Disney World Resorts.  I've looked all over eBay and Google but couldn't find any information on her.  Do you happen to know anything about her?  Was she exclusive to the parks?  General idea about the years she was sold?

Thank you in advance!!

4.jpg2.jpg

Message 1679 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately, we have no information about this recent doll from Disney Princess merchandising efforts.  You might want to check the boards for more contemporary Disney merchandise.  Our guess is that there is very little demand... and only minimal value for such dolls... likely produced within the past 10 years.

Message 1680 of 1,793
latest reply