cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

hollyannebarker
Enthusiast
Hi There
Are you at all familiar with Maurice Day? He worked on Bambi and Dumbo. I have an oil painting done by him in '65, trying to find out the value of it.cellent shape, dated and signed. It's almost 3 feet tall. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Message 1081 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Are you at all familiar with Maurice Day? He worked on Bambi and Dumbo. I have an oil painting done by him in '65, trying to find out the value of it.cellent shape, dated and signed. It's almost 3 feet tall.

ANSWER:
Unfortunately, Mr. Day's contributions to the Disney animation effort have been rather overstated.

While he was a researcher / consultant / photographer during pre-production of "Bambi"; he was not an animator and did not work at the studio. He served more as an independent contractor and his scope of work was very limited.

His nature photographs of the Maine woods did serve as inspiration for Disney artists such as Carl Fallberg and Tyrus Wong.

Jake Day was a talented Maine artist, and his primary value in today's marketplace will be in that context. We have no record of auction prices realized for Mr. Day's paintings. Sorry we can't be of more help.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1082 of 1,793
latest reply

debsnautical
Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I found 10 Mickey and Minnie ceramic figurines at a garage sale...the 5 Mickey's are holding a soccer ball and have green shirts and yellow bow ties...the 5 Minnie's have light green polka dotted dresses and lavendar shirts...they each very in height from about 8 inches to 3 inches high and I assume they are suppose to stand next to each other. There are no identifing marks on the bottom except some have a number. I can tell they are very old. Any idea what they may Be?
Message 1083 of 1,793
latest reply

oscarjoe2
Enthusiast
:-D ____________

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's not what you think you know. It's what you thought you knew.
Photobucket
There.
That takes care of o.j.
Message 1084 of 1,793
latest reply

kriscw
Enthusiast
Dave,
I have a question about a steamboat willie figurine I have. My father used to collect Micky Mouse originals and he gave me a small (about 1 inch) Hand painted brass steam boat willie figurine. On the bottom is says "© Disney" with the initials "CJ" carved into it. Any idea on the value or authenticity? Or any advise on where I can find out more about it? Thanks
Kristen
Message 1085 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a question about a steamboat willie figurine I have. My father used to collect Micky Mouse originals and he gave me a small (about 1 inch) Hand painted brass steam boat willie figurine. On the bottom is says "© Disney" with the initials "CJ" carved into it. Any idea on the value or authenticity? Or any advise on where I can find out more about it?

ANSWER:
If it says "c. Disney"... it's created after 1986. There won't be much value in this particular item as it falls into a "contemporary" category; not in much demand at present. Approx. value: $10 - $20.
Message 1086 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Dave,

We just listed what we think is an unusual Mickey Mouse Club item from the 50's, but are wondering if the condition (decent, but not great) might outweigh the rarity. It's for a Beat Stick and it's auction number 330115014571. There are pictures on the listing, of course, but basically it's a musical instrument that is about the size of a drum major's stick with tambourine, horn & rattles. It's made by Noble Cooley and I couldn't find anything like it on eBay or the Internet in general. Have you seen these before or are they pretty rare? The value will soon be known as judged by eBay followers, but what would you guess it to be? Do you know anything more about this item?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eleanor & Seth Price
Message 1087 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
We just listed what we think is an unusual Mickey Mouse Club item from the 50's, but are wondering if the condition (decent, but not great) might outweigh the rarity. It's for a Beat Stick and it's auction number 330115014571. There are pictures on the listing, of course, but basically it's a musical instrument that is about the size of a drum major's stick with tambourine, horn & rattles. It's made by Noble Cooley and I couldn't find anything like it on eBay or the Internet in general. Have you seen these before or are they pretty rare? The value will soon be known as judged by eBay followers, but what would you guess it to be? Do you know anything more about this item?

ANSWER:
After a brief period of Disney merchandising in the late 1930's, Noble Cooley reinstated their Disney contract from 1969 through the early 80's. This item was produced in the mid-1970's; at the same time as the "New Mickey Mouse Club" debuted on television. We'd estimate value at approx. 10 - $25.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1088 of 1,793
latest reply

Thanks, Dave for the information on the Beat Stick. We've adjusted our listing based on your information. Should have checked with you first!!

Eleanor & Seth
Message 1089 of 1,793
latest reply

johanna3749676
Enthusiast
I have a vintage Winnie the Pooh stuffed musical bear. He has a red bib tied around his neck that reads "Pooh" in white letters on the front. He has a gold key on his back that you turn and he plays the Winnie the Pooh song. The tag reads Walt Disney characters, manufactured by California stuffed toys,copywright Walt Disney Productions. It has some numbers on the back, I'm not sure if you need those or not. I'm not sure how tall he is, maybe half a foot, maybe a little more, but not much. I wondered how much he is worth, if anything? Thanks much, Johanna
Message 1090 of 1,793
latest reply

Oh what a wonderful thread. I found the post earlier on the larger Sango oval plate. I'm curious if you could help me out on this one. Its about 9" x 5" and features Bambi. Its in excellent condition with no chips or cracks. Thanks in advance!

http://www.practiceboard.com/?6022480
Message 1091 of 1,793
latest reply

ORIGINAL MESSAGE: abugdoc (460 ) Apr-08-07 14:00 PDT 1073 of 1090
I have an old Mickey Mouse Hand Puppet made by Character Novelty Company, of South Norwalk Connecticut, a Disney licensee from 1940-1947. I have been unable to find out any information about him beyond that. I was wondering if he is complete or if he is missing a hat or other items.
You can see a photo at: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/abugdoc/MickeyMouse.jpg

I was hoping for some comment from someone. I have only seen this puppet once before, a dealer had a very poor example. I would just like to know if he is complete, was he part of a series, was there a Minni Mouse or Donald or anything that might add to his history.
Message 1092 of 1,793
latest reply

kgusc
Enthusiast
Question,
I am looking to auction a Rarities Mint Snow WHite coin, but I don't know how much it is worth. It is a 50th anniversary coin that is 5 oz of .999 silver. It is serial number 1018, in a collection of 5000. It shows Snow White holding a bird on the front and says Snow White 5oth Anniversary on the back. It is encased in a velvet blue case. It was issued 5/1/87. If you could please give me any idea of its value, I would really appreciate it.
Message 1093 of 1,793
latest reply

blue-rubychick
Enthusiast
Love this thread :) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1094 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Oh what a wonderful thread. I found the post earlier on the larger Sango oval plate. I'm curious if you could help me out on this one. Its about 9" x 5" and features Bambi. Its in excellent condition with no chips or cracks.

ANSWER:
Our understanding is that these sets sold at Disney theme parks during the 1970's; and included a matching mug. We've seen the set sell for $35 - $50; and the plate alone selling for $20. Could get more or less depending upon bidding activity on a given day.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1095 of 1,793
latest reply