cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Forgot to add:

On the back of the head, it states: © DISNEY

Thanks in advance! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We make eBay! Here's to making the best of it.
🙂

Message 631 of 1,793
latest reply

dcpbmp
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I think you do a great job! I have a Disneyland yellow paper parasol. It has bamboo holding the parasol up and a wooden dowel for the handle. It's stamped Japan on the bottom of the handle and Walt Disney productions on the top under the parasol. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks for your time!
Message 632 of 1,793
latest reply

bluesandi422
Enthusiast
Hello,
I have an original Mad Hatter marionette/with box from the 1950s. What might its current value be?

Thanks
Message 633 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I think you do a great job! I have a Disneyland yellow paper parasol. It has bamboo holding the parasol up and a wooden dowel for the handle. It's stamped Japan on the bottom of the handle and Walt Disney productions on the top under the parasol. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks for your time!

ANSWER:
These parasols were among the earliest of all Disneyland collectibles. In mint condition, they are valued at $50 - $100; although most are well worn after all these years, thereby greatly reducing the current retail value.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 634 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have an original Mad Hatter marionette/with box from the 1950s. What might its current value be?

ANSWER:
These tend not to be in strong demand today, and often sell on eBay for $50 - $125, depending upon condition.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 635 of 1,793
latest reply

I no longer need the info on doll above. Thanks anyway! :)

🙂

Message 636 of 1,793
latest reply

wowarren
Enthusiast
I would appreciate some information.
I have a Mickey ears hat, made by Benay Hat Co, the logo on the front is different from what I have seen, being "Mickey&Co", the rest appears to be the standard felt hat with plastic ears attatched.
Any ideas on the age? and value?

Thanks in advance
George
Message 637 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Mickey ears hat, made by Benay Hat Co, the logo on the front is different from what I have seen, being "Mickey&Co", the rest appears to be the standard felt hat with plastic ears attatched.
Any ideas on the age? and value?

ANSWER:
Benay was the maker of the earliest Mickey Mouse "Mouseka-ears"... The felt hat with felt ears is typically worth the most, but these with plastic ears are still hotly collected today. Often they sell for $10 - $35 in good condition.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 638 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to write. I was wondering if you had any idea about what these pieces are from Walt Disney Prod? Thank you soooo much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6572740166
Message 639 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Thank you for taking the time to write. I was wondering if you had any idea about what these pieces are from Walt Disney Prod? Thank you soooo much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6572740166

ANSWER:
We haven't seem these before, but the film wasn't released until 1955, thereby eliminating a production date in the 1930's. We have no information on value for these items.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 640 of 1,793
latest reply

thank you for your quick advice.
Message 641 of 1,793
latest reply

beachmomm
Enthusiast
Hi, I have 3 glossy black and white prints , about 5" x 7", with typewritten descriptions on the bottom of each print. One printhas a drawing of Walt surrounded by 4 of his characters. The typewriting at the bottom of the card says " Jacket design by Dempster of the Disney Studios from The Story Of Walt Disney, by Diane Disney Miller as told to Pete Martin. Holt. Nov. 19th."
THe next card has separate drawings of 4 characters, and typewritten at the bottom " The Story of Walt Disney , told by his daughter, Diane Disney Miller to Pete Martin. Holt."
The last card has a scene from Bambi and 3 Little Pigs, and type says "Bambi with some of his friends, and the three little pigs, magical creations of the great Walt Disney, whose biography by Pete Marin will be published by Holt, November 19th."
These prints were tucked inside of a book, The Story of Walt Disney, and some of the illustrations on the cards are reproduced in the glossy photo section of the book.
Are these cards something that Disney collectors would be interested in separate from the book, or should they stay with the book?
Do you know what these cards are called?
Thanks for any info.
Message 642 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, I have 3 glossy black and white prints , about 5" x 7", with typewritten descriptions on the bottom of each print. One printhas a drawing of Walt surrounded by 4 of his characters. The typewriting at the bottom of the card says " Jacket design by Dempster of the Disney Studios from The Story Of Walt Disney, by Diane Disney Miller as told to Pete Martin. Holt. Nov. 19th."
THe next card has separate drawings of 4 characters, and typewritten at the bottom " The Story of Walt Disney , told by his daughter, Diane Disney Miller to Pete Martin. Holt."
The last card has a scene from Bambi and 3 Little Pigs, and type says "Bambi with some of his friends, and the three little pigs, magical creations of the great Walt Disney, whose biography by Pete Marin will be published by Holt, November 19th."
These prints were tucked inside of a book, The Story of Walt Disney, and some of the illustrations on the cards are reproduced in the glossy photo section of the book.
Are these cards something that Disney collectors would be interested in separate from the book, or should they stay with the book?
Do you know what these cards are called?
Thanks for any info.

ANSWER:
These are likely the press release & photos for the original release of Diane Disney Miller's book on her father, Walt Disney. While the book was actually written by Peter Martin, it was based on taped interviews with Walt Disney which were attended by his eldest daughter, Diane.

This classic Disney biography was re-released in a special slipcover edition earlier this year. Until that time, her original book sold for $100+ (when it could be found!). Now, the vintage book often sells for $50 - $75 on eBay in the hardcover edition; and $10-$20 in the Dell pocket paperback edition.

We'd recommend keeping the photos with the book, as they date the book to its original release, and provide interest to specific collectors who desire a rare or novelty aspect to their collectibles.

Congratulations on a very rare find!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 643 of 1,793
latest reply

maculraigh
Enthusiast
Question

I have a divided heavy ceramic disney plate that was given to my younger brother in 1963 when he was born by my grandmother. It was already old/used at that time. The ceramic plate has Mickey, Minnie and Horsecollar on it. The drawings of the drawn characters are the really old version of mickey. Can you place a date on this plate? and a possible value?

Thank you in advance
Erinne
Message 644 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, what can you tell me about this old Donald Duck?

Message 645 of 1,793
latest reply