cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

gaspode38
Enthusiast
So sorry, it would help if I posted the pictures, right?

Message 616 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Wondering/hoping you can help me with this. We have a Minnie Mouse plush, really quite old looking.... maybe 70s? She is still tagged so will that increase the buyer interest/value?

ANSWER:
Sorry to say that there is only marginal interest in collecting Disney merchandise from the 1970's. There is simply not much demand for merchandise of this era. Resale price would likely be $5 to $10 for this Minnie bean bag.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 617 of 1,793
latest reply

luv**art
Enthusiast
Hello, would you be willing to ID this piece from a completed auction? There was discussion about this pottery Dumbo on both the U.S. Pottery Board and the Australian Collectibles Board. No one ever came up with a definitive attribution and I'm very curious.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6563703044

If you'd like to refer to the other threads, here they are:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?messageID=2000463440&forumID=75&x#2000463440
http://forums.ebay.com.au/thread.jspa?threadID=100083126&start=0

Thanks so much! (and thanks for the info re: Shaw/American Pottery)

~~~ can't decide on a sig line

Message 618 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello, would you be willing to ID this piece from a completed auction? There was discussion about this pottery Dumbo on both the U.S. Pottery Board and the Australian Collectibles Board. No one ever came up with a definitive attribution and I'm very curious.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6563703044

ANSWER:
While the piece in that auction is remarkably similar to the one produced by American Pottery / Evan K. Shaw, it is not a match. Your piece came from a slightly different mold, with different colors applied. In addition, the painting isn't quite as detailed as those done in the US. We're aware that Australia had a separate production system from pieces produced in the US; one that we're not very educated in. It's possible that the piece is completely legitimate, but unauthorized reproductions are also known to exist from the same era. We wouldn't pay that much money without the original "Dumbo / Evan K. Shaw" foil label.

Best regards,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 619 of 1,793
latest reply

luv**art
Enthusiast
Thanks, Dave... not my piece, but most of us were pretty sure it wasn't a Vernon/AP/Shaw/Metlox piece, so were trying to figure out who might have made it. Sometimes, even when it's not my own item, I get so curious about a piece that it just drives me nuts until I can ID it. Thanks so much again.
Kathleen

Message 620 of 1,793
latest reply

slc92069
Enthusiast
Dave:

I have a couple of Mickey Mouse Stuffed Animals that are about 3 feet tall and have a long tail on them. I am pretty sure the long tail is what makes them unique because usually the ones I see have no tail at all. I am wondering how much these items are worth?
Message 621 of 1,793
latest reply

88mphclothing
Enthusiast
Hi - Not much of a mouseketeer - I found this in a baggie of what-nots. What do you all think - age, use, source, desireability, etc....TIA, I'm out of my league in the disney dept!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/88mphclothing/Picture001.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

*Donald doo-dad was in the sack too....
Message 622 of 1,793
latest reply

88mphclothing
Enthusiast

grumble grumble - there's the front!
Message 623 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi - Not much of a mouseketeer - I found this in a baggie of what-nots. What do you all think - age, use, source, desireability, etc....TIA, I'm out of my league in the disney dept!

ANSWER:
There isn't much demand for these items. They were made after the late 1980's, when Michael Eisner was at the helm of the company. Unfortunately, it just doesn't have the same lustre as with items created during Walt Disney's personal reign over the Magic Kingdom.
Message 624 of 1,793
latest reply

shawna8275
Enthusiast
I just have to say that I think it's a very nice thing that you do!
I have a small red train engine with an older looking winnie the pooh head sticking out the window. On the side of the train it says Disneyland under that it says (copyright)DISNEY CHINA. When you look through the front of the train it shows a picture of a ?roller coaster train coming down a mountain with Disneyland written on it. (almost like a view master picture) Can you tell me anything about it? THANKS!
Message 625 of 1,793
latest reply

625lynsey
Enthusiast
hi.. i have a donald duck water bottle for sale and was wondering how much it was worth its from 1969 i think and is made by duanny ive heard its part of a set, and its in a millers antique book for 50pound?? but the books a couple of years old......i need your help please as i cant find any info on it anywere else???? regards lynsey xxxx
Message 626 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I just have to say that I think it's a very nice thing that you do!
I have a small red train engine with an older looking winnie the pooh head sticking out the window. On the side of the train it says Disneyland under that it says (copyright)DISNEY CHINA. When you look through the front of the train it shows a picture of a ?roller coaster train coming down a mountain with Disneyland written on it. (almost like a view master picture) Can you tell me anything about it? THANKS!

ANSWER:
These plastic figures were created to celebrate Disneyland's 40th Anniversary. The figures were offered for free in McDonald's Happy Meals. They typically sell today for $3 to $5 each.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 627 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
hi.. i have a donald duck water bottle for sale and was wondering how much it was worth its from 1969 i think and is made by duanny ive heard its part of a set, and its in a millers antique book for 50pound?? but the books a couple of years old......i need your help please as i cant find any info on it anywere else????

ANSWER:
Sorry, but we don't have much information about Disney merchandise from foreign countries. It's not likely to maintain its value for long in that rubber will deteriorate over time, and there just isn't much demand for water bottles. We'd recommend selling asap and putting the funds toward a ceramic or metal figure; one that will last for many years to come.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 628 of 1,793
latest reply

rph1
Enthusiast
Hi,
I have a Donald Duck stuffed leatherette figure about 14 inches tall. It is a long bill version posed and dressed in the sailor outfit from Donalds first cartoon. I can't find any information on it. Anybody have photos, value etc.?
tia
Jim
Message 629 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello Dave!

QUESTION:

Are you familiar with this vintage Cinderella doll? Any info. greatly appreciated.

:)

We make eBay! Here's to making the best of it.
🙂

We make eBay! Here's to making the best of it.
Message 630 of 1,793
latest reply