cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

THANK YOU DAVE
ANTHONY
Message 226 of 1,793
latest reply

gogengen
Enthusiast
Hello,
Have a ruffled dish Disneyland. My Grandmother bought this in the early sixties. Has six scenes of Disneyland within the ruffles and Sleeping Beautys castle in the center. Thank you.
Message 227 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Have a ruffled dish Disneyland. My Grandmother bought this in the early sixties. Has six scenes of Disneyland within the ruffles and Sleeping Beautys castle in the center. Thank you.

ANSWER:
Your Grandmother's choice of Disneyland collectible was right on target with a million other people. You are the lucky holder of the most commonly purchased glass item ever sold at Disneyland! It's definately circa 1960's thru early 70's. Sadly, the dish is just too common; selling today for only $2 - $5 on eBay. But... they make great junk holders, and we hear they shatter real good when dropped from tall buildings! Enjoy... but be careful.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 228 of 1,793
latest reply

schoolhousejunkie
Enthusiast
Hello Dave. Was wondeing if you could help with some information. I was purchasing an old Mickey plate and GASP! the seller dropped it. I nearly cried. I didn't pay for the plate but he gave me a big piece for free with the picture. The picture shows a mama mouse holding 2 baby mice and her right foot is rocking another baby mouse in a cradle. You can see part of the stove and the big hanging clock. Do you have any idea of this plate? I know it has no value but I am very interested in it's history. If you need a picture I can e-mail you with it.
Best regards and thanking you in advance
schoolhousejunkie
Message 229 of 1,793
latest reply

schoolhousejunkie
Enthusiast
Hello Dave. Was wondering if you could help with some information. I was purchasing an old Mickey plate and GASP! the seller dropped it. I nearly cried. I didn't pay for the plate but he gave me a big piece for free with the picture. The picture shows a mama mouse holding 2 baby mice and her right foot is rocking another baby mouse in a cradle. You can see part of the stove and the big hanging clock. Do you have any idea of this plate? I know it has no value but I am very interested in it's history. If you need a picture I can e-mail you with it.
Best regards and thanking you in advance
schoolhousejunkie
Message 230 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi I've had these stashed away for mucho years and just recently unearthed them.... I'm guessing 1940's or 1950's ??? as The Bottoms read Disneland Walt Disney Productions in an odd shaped frame... Have any idea as to value?

ANSWER:
These are Adventureland Tikis from Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Circa 1960's. Likely sold after Walt Disney opened the Enchanted Tiki Room in 1963. The "odd-shaped frame" you reference was actually the early Disneyland backstamp in a triangle shape to represent the original "berm" that surrounded Disneyland at that time.

10 years ago, these S&P shakers often sold for $100 - $125; but due to eBay's effeciency at bringing once rare items to a world-wide marketplace, prices have fallen significantly. Today, they often sell for $50 - $75.

They're classic Disneyana; worthy of any museum or archive collection!

Best to you,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 231 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was purchasing an old Mickey plate and GASP! the seller dropped it. I nearly cried. I didn't pay for the plate but he gave me a big piece for free with the picture. The picture shows a mama mouse holding 2 baby mice and her right foot is rocking another baby mouse in a cradle. You can see part of the stove and the big hanging clock. Do you have any idea of this plate? I know it has no value but I am very interested in it's history.

ANSWER:
Actually, this image doesn't ring any bells. We're not aware of a Mickey Mouse plate that would have featured a "mama mouse" rocking a cradle. We wouldn't be surprised to learn of a European collectible like this, but it sounds like an unauthorized Disney piece, or a foreign ceramic. If you post a picture, we'll be glad to review it.

Best to you,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 232 of 1,793
latest reply

lamaisonrouge
Enthusiast
WOWWWWWWWWWW THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE...I most certainly "appreciate it" ....

Don't mean to be a pest but while I'm here I have an whole set I think? 12 or so...little corn on the cob picks with Mickey and Minnie mouse...minnie has her darling pink box in hair and a button churn in hand and Mickey is a farmer in overalls with a yellow hat on any idea of age and value...I promise I won't bug you again LOL ...I think each says something like? Disney Hoan with a number 3 on the back? THANKS!!! Rebecca
Message 233 of 1,793
latest reply

lamaisonrouge
Enthusiast
okay I fibbed I am already back, well I kind of never left hehehe, with another question...I was just thinking about something I bought years ago (I can't remember where the heck I put it though? YIKES but it's got to be here somewhere) anyways I bought it at a thrift shop many many moons ago in Bakersfield because I thought it looked interesting? well when I got it home I noticed that the tag said it was some type of official Disneyland costume? from what I recall it's 100% wool and looks like Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett and the maker is Pendleton and it's the whole adult suit??? ring any bells??? I've got to dig it out...coat and pants as I recall?? seems it mentioned Frontierland too that's why your post brought it to mind......thanks again! Rebecca
Message 234 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
12 or so...little corn on the cob picks with Mickey and Minnie mouse...minnie has her darling pink box in hair and a button churn in hand and Mickey is a farmer in overalls with a yellow hat on any idea of age and value. I think each says something like? Disney Hoan with a number 3 on the back?

ANSWER:
Hoan produced a variety of Disney kitchenware and ceramics in the mid 1980's. These were produced after the Walt Disney Productions era, and were widely distributed through department stores, as well as at the theme parks. It is unlikely that the pieces have much more value than their original retail price.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 235 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I bought it at a thrift shop many many moons ago in Bakersfield because I thought it looked interesting? well when I got it home I noticed that the tag said it was some type of official Disneyland costume? from what I recall it's 100% wool and looks like Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett and the maker is Pendleton and it's the whole adult suit??? ring any bells??? I've got to dig it out...coat and pants as I recall?? seems it mentioned Frontierland too that's why your post brought it to mind.

ANSWER:
Pendleton was one of the original exhibitors in Frontierland, dating back to 1955. Even so, we're unaware that they ever marketed a Davy Crockett uniform or outfit. They did sell a wide variety of western-wear with the Disneyland Frontierland / Pendleton label.

There were several companies producing Davy Crockett child's costumes; many of which were sold in a very nice cardboard box with Fess Parker's likeness on it.

It's also possible that your uniform was created by Pendleton for use on the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes attraction on the Rivers of America at Disneyland.

We'll be glad to review any pictures you might be able to post. Most likely, Pendleton simply marketed a line of apparel (with labels only used at Disneyland) that is similar to that worn by Davy Crockett in the Disney films.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 236 of 1,793
latest reply

lamaisonrouge
Enthusiast
WOW THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE INFORMATION! I sure do APPRECIATE IT! When I unearth that suit I'll come back with a picture I do believe you are exactly right in that it might have been an employee costume from Frontierland that would make allot of sense...My aunt just told me yesterday in cleaning her garage she has unearthed five boxes of old stuffed plush Disney so I'm sure I'll be back....take care...Rebecca
Message 237 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
My aunt just told me yesterday in cleaning her garage she has unearthed five boxes of old stuffed plush Disney.

ANSWER:
Best to lower your hopes on Disney plush. Very few of these pieces sold at Disneyland or dept. stores have much value today. Sometimes those sold through Gund or Steiff retain a bit more of their value, but they can often be difficult to appraise as their demand is directly connected to the number of interested buyers competing for the item. The bidding is seldom very competitive.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 238 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have 8mm black and white disney movies without sound, circa 1945 (approx.). Are these movies worth anything in the collectible marketplace? Let's start with "Steamboat Willie" as an example.

ANSWER:
They actually sell for very little on eBay, unless there is something unique about them (ie. early uncensored versions, with sound).

Often, they sell for $10 - $20 on eBay; mostly for the value in their original boxes, which are commonly worth more than the films now.

These early films will mostly be of interest to film restorers, although they'll typically be looking for 35mm film (or sometimes 16mm).

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 239 of 1,793
latest reply

Good Afternoon Mr. Mason...

What is the significance of the "vhs-number" on the spine of Disney videos?
Repeatedly, I see buyers asking for the vhs-number & I'm wondering if there is a reason for this. If you know of a website, or resource that can explain the importance and/or value of said "number", I'd appreciate your response.
Just recently I have accumulated over (100) of the "old-white- hard shell Disneys & am trying to organize the collection properly.
Thank you for your time. Don
DonGraff
Message 240 of 1,793
latest reply