cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

Hello! I received a "walt disney studio theatre ticket". It says " performance number 44" and it was printed by " Globe ticket company, LA". The man I got it from said he was given the ticket years ago by an old disney employee who said the screening was for staff only. Been trying to find info on it for quite a while with no luck. Any help and informstion would be wonderful! Thanks for your time! 

Message 1726 of 1,793
latest reply

I'd need to see a photo of it to make an evaluation...

Message 1727 of 1,793
latest reply

Ok! I'll have a picture shortly. I greatly appreciate it!!... In the mean time was also possibly wondering if you know anything about This 1953 Peter Pan Movie Poster? Its not from the USA and i dont know much about it. Again, thank you so much for your help!20171210_201702.jpg

Message 1728 of 1,793
latest reply

More likely from the 1973 international release of Peter Pan... with"The Tattooed Police Horse"... as also included on the Wonderful World of Color television program.  The logo from the 50th Anniversary celebrations for Mickey Mouse is noted at the bottom edge of the card.

Message 1729 of 1,793
latest reply

correction: 1978 release... as associated with Mickey Mouse's 50th birthday in Nov. 1978.
Message 1730 of 1,793
latest reply

Ok thank you very much for the quick reply! You really seem to know your stuff! You by chance know what a poster like that ballpark worth might be?....also, here is a picture of that ticket. It's been driving me crazy to find out what it is!1531687223518526969229.jpg

Message 1731 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately... there's not much more I can provide at this point.  While the ticket does appear to be authentic.... the only clue to its age is in reference to Globe Ticket... which narrows the dates to late 1950's / 1960's... possibly even 1970's.  I've never seen a studio listing of films by "performance number"...  I'd expect that the studio would have documented these performances at the studio theatre... but it's hard to say.  I can only offer that it appears to be authentic... and is consistent with other tickets printed / issued by Globe throughout that period.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Dave Mason

for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions

Message 1732 of 1,793
latest reply

No worries at all, I greatly appreciate your time and input! I thought it was also strange how they listed it by performance number, but im at least glad it appears to be authentic since you really know your disney!... if I might trouble you for one more item I have been wondering about. I came across this and wasn't quite sure what it was or when it was made? It's "walt disney productions" and says it's by "neevel". Any ideas?15316977420781100027498.jpg

15316977718641513010800.jpg

Message 1733 of 1,793
latest reply

Neevel Manufacturing & Co. (St. Louis, MO) held a Disney license from 1949 - 1956. As it appears that Mickey, Donald & Pluto are riding the Casey Jr. Circus Train... just as had been installed at Disneyland in 1955... my guess is that this is a last hurrah for their Disney product line. I lean toward the 1955 / 1956 dates... as even though the Casey Jr. first appeared in Dumbo (1941)... the miniature size of the train is much more similar to that found in Disneyland.
Message 1734 of 1,793
latest reply

Neevel also made folding tables & chairs... in addition to luggage.
Message 1735 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you so much. You have been a tremendous help! Im excited to learn more and more about disney because its something i am passionate about. I think it's really great that you are helping so many people.  I am definitely following you and I have my eye on a couple listings already!

Message 1736 of 1,793
latest reply

I can't find any information on my apple. Is it anything special?

Message 1737 of 1,793
latest reply

Looks like it comes from 1955 or 1956... as they really didn't have time to create all the souvenirs they wanted for the first year... but just added decals to standard giftware items.  It's a good example of first-year merchandise... though it doesn't have strong resale value; likely $25 - $50... sometimes more if there are competing bidders.

Message 1738 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you very much!

Message 1739 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello! Thank you for starting this forum.

I recently found this dumbo plush. It looks like the tag is Walt Disney although its pretty faded. 

Any idea about the origins of this?

Message 1740 of 1,793
latest reply