cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I kill crazy ants?

Good morning all,

It is spring and already I am fighting ants coming in the house. I am not sure of their real name, but they are tiny and when you get around them they scatter in all different directions. I think that they are called crazy ants or sugar ants. They are driving me crazy. I have used gel killer and they will gather around it and eat it, but in a couple of days more are back. Is their a product that you know of that is effective? Thanks in advance.
~ Nancy ~
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

new "old fashioned" bug spray - Formula 409. kills them immediately!
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

stormyweather*
Thrill-Seeker
If you are a redneck........
Just get out the 12 gauge.....
And start BLASTING!!!!!
]:)
Yep
Stormy
Message 17 of 48
latest reply

stormyweather*
Thrill-Seeker
Oh! But be carefully! There might be people reading this that belong to PETA!
If they are crazy? And you are sure they are? I would suggest dressing them in little white jackets that tie their little arms around their little backs and take them to a little ...
Happy Place.
:)
Stormy
Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Never mind the brand as they are back. Yuck. I want them gone too!!
The home of "If you don't need it I have it!!"
Michelle
Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Yup, yup, yup, I fight them constantly! Ugh! You should read the Ant thread on the animal board. It would turn your hair white. Image hosting by Photobucket
~ Nancy ~
Message 20 of 48
latest reply

What brand of motels? Thanks!

We have la-de-da ants. They prefer Ritz Carleton.
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

Take your index finger and squish them on the counter top or spray some kind of household cleaner on them. Works like a charm!
Message 22 of 48
latest reply

harleyhasben
Enthusiast
two home remedies I have used
bay leaves and the green gum (is that speerment or doublement)?
Guess they don't like the smell.
Message 23 of 48
latest reply

harleyhasben
Enthusiast
one or the other on my last post
Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Check out www.kmantpro.com... It wurkd fer me!
Message 25 of 48
latest reply

royalscot1961
Enthusiast
a sidenote on the mint repels ants. Not! 🙂 I know several people who have ant hills in their MINT BED and the little buggars are running around the mint plants.

There's several products you can buy - ant, flea and fly killers are a big thing right now so there's a lot of problems with them.
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Hey folks,I just brought those crazy ants from houston to my home in Mass VIA Motorhome. They are driving me crazy.However, Windex kills them instantly.
Message 27 of 48
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
I have heard of Eucalyptus/Vinegar/water spray sprayed on counter tops for insect control & come to think of it, we use vinegar water for nearly everything especially counter tops & we don't have any ants at all. It must work with only vinegar & water. After it dries, you don't smell the vinegar.

I was going to ask you if crazy ants are harder to kill than sane ones but figured you might not think that was too nice.LOL

Those lil' bugers bite & bite ferociously! I grew up with getting bit by them. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Live simply that others might simply live. ~ Elizabeth Seaton
Message 28 of 48
latest reply

I haven't seen Terro mentioned. This is the very best thing I have ever run across. You pour a small amount on a piece of cardboard (provided) and put it near where the ants are congregating. They are attracted to it, sample it and then they go away and they never come back!!

You can get it at Walmart or at your local hardware store or the like.

If you are looking for natural remedies, tansy leaves are said to repel ants.
Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Wow this is a old topic. Yep, they were back again this spring. I use terro on masking tape. After about 2 months of fighting them they disappear till the next year.

Royal, are you talking about fire ants? We have a topic about them somewhere here.

Faithful, crazy ants are those little tiny ants that scatter in all directions when you get close to them. They are sometimes called sugar ants. But, I think they are named that way cause they drive you crazy. I have had them in the bathroom going after the toothpaste. :( Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
~ Nancy ~
Message 30 of 48
latest reply