cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Y'all noticed ....

...  the new rule?

10.  Sharing patently false information.  Posting patently false or unsubstantiated content is harmful to other members and goes against the spirit of the Community.

Wonder what prompted that?

In a work related class I used to take a few times a year they would always start off with the rules.  Then they would state there was a reason for each rule, including the one about 'no grenades in class'.  (No, I'm not making that one up, and this was not military)

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Have Y'all noticed ....

Oh Probably me shooting my mouth off!

Mr C

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

Probably along the lines of me saying to something like:

You know Chrysylys it would't hurt you to Kudo one of my posts for once...just saying....................stuff like that.

Mr C

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@chrysylyswrote:

...  the new rule?

10.  Sharing patently false information.  Posting patently false or unsubstantiated content is harmful to other members and goes against the spirit of the Community.

This notice is appropriate guidance for those that may have childish, immature tendencies.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

what qualifies as patently false?

I just saw someone tell an OP that their seller paid the customer service rep to remove their feedback.

I kind of like this new rule, might weed out some of the posters who are here to stir the pot with intentionally wrong answers but enforcement is iffy.....because what qualifies as patently false?

Here's an example.....some posters still insist that on international purchases the buyer has to pay for return shipping. That could be harmful. Its wrong. Or what about the board myth that refuses to die--the one in which posters insist that if a seller has a no returns policy and the buyer opens a return, the buyer gets a full refund and gets to keep the item back because ebay sees the no returns policy and thinks the seller doesn't want the item back. Do those qualify as patently false?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@chrysylyswrote:

...  the new rule?

Probably to serve as a basis to delete anything anyone has discovered about eBay that was not accompanied by a change in the UA or an "Announcement" (IOW, just about anything). 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 6 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

Gee, I wonder if ebay will substantiate what it is that they claim is not true?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

Now ya gone and done it...and we are barely into the discussion.

Mr C

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@thenobletuckylifewrote:

Now ya gone and done it...and we are barely into the discussion.

Mr C

Well, it was just a theory... uh oh... wait... that's "unsubstantiated content" isn't it?

Rats.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@ed8108wrote:

This notice is appropriate guidance for those that may have childish, immature tendencies.

Like the posters who, no matter what the scenario or question, post one sentence:  "Don't do anything." Well, "poster" (singular), actually.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

I'm the guy in the back of the room wondering...
...nobody reads listing descriptions. Who's gonna read a string of rules?
Message 11 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

I like the way it was stuffed into the middle of the list and the others moved down. They did that a while back when they added what is now #7.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

Well...we better

Second thought...maybe it's designed to free up server space here by reducing the amount of harmful fluff that covers the room after the constant pillow fights encountered here.

Mr C

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@ted_200wrote:
Probably to serve as a basis to delete anything anyone has discovered about eBay that was not accompanied by a change in the UA or an "Announcement" (IOW, just about anything). 

Or maybe people have simply been posting patently false things. 

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

Have Y'all noticed ....

@luckythewinnerwrote:

@ted_200wrote:

Or maybe people have simply been posting patently false things. 

Right... no more "CS told me..." posts allowed!

Message 15 of 64
latest reply