cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ceramic figurines

Good morning. I recently purchased some ceramic figurines of jazz players. Does anyone know what this instrument might be? It just looks like a giant leaf to me---lol. Thanks for any suggestions. gina053 (2).JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ceramic figurines

Hi Gina,

Is yours like this group of figurines:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/sculptures/figurative-sculptures/cubist-style-p...

If so, looks like your "leaf instrument" is actually the figure's clothing + the microphone they're holding & they're the singer in the group.

Maybe some of the gold color wore off on yours or maybe the singer in your group is either a daring lady or a dude, ha-ha!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Gina,

Is yours like this group of figurines:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/sculptures/figurative-sculptures/cubist-style-p...

If so, looks like your "leaf instrument" is actually the figure's clothing + the microphone they're holding & they're the singer in the group.

Maybe some of the gold color wore off on yours or maybe the singer in your group is either a daring lady or a dude, ha-ha!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I do believe we may have a winner.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much! I didn't look at 1st dibs. Holy cow---the price! I looked closer at the figurine & sure enough it is supposed to have the top portion painted. I appreciate your help ---like I said all I could see was a giant leaf.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply