cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i didn't asked for a refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi   around  july 3rd  of this year  i  had ordered 5   Disney  Pins     all  4   came in  the mail   without   a problem    with  the remaining  pin, i  ended  up  receiving  two  very  strange   and confusing  messages  in my  ebay   message  inbox    the first   message  was   dated  july  08 2022,  at 15:19      in the message    reads  as follows:  Dear customer,

We are extremely sorry for the unfortunate latency of your order. We had shut down our sellers site due to a family crisis. We weren’t aware that eBay had reopened our site. We will get your order together as soon as possible. We will also include an extra Disney item to compensate for your late order.

Sincerely 

now   granted  i  know  hard   it is when   there's   a family   crisis,   i do  understand  it   i  really do.  and  i  reply back   saying   take   your time  im  not worried   i be waiting  for the pin  patiently.  sooooooo,  by  the  july 12th  2022,  i got another  message  saying  that  i got   a  refund,    which i can't   used   on ebay  for another   disney  pin   i know i  tried,  my  thing  is if the  store or site  was  shut  down    why  was  there  some  items from this   "site"   was still   for sale?  can ebay  reopened   the site up?  as  i   said  i   cant  used  the refund   without   having  an  payment option  to  go  with  it,  i   wouldnt   have  mind it   if  he   would have just emailed me sooner    i see   by his  negitive  feedback  that another  person  had went   through  the same thing   i just went  through      i had  no  comincation    with  the seller  at all   until   the two  messages    aboved  on    the 8th  of   july   and   the 12th of   july   my  feeling is  if you  are  a  seller  you  should honored   your   commitments   to    your buyers    if   you  wont  sell  anything   please  close  out your   store   permently.     i feel  like i   was taking avantage  of,  i  know   having 4 or 5  dollars  isnt much  to spend  but it   was   all i had  at the   time  on  my   ebay giftcard   i thought  that i  would treat myself on something  small and  cute.   thank  you.   

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Your post identifies the seller and draws attention to his negative feedback. This violates community rules about "naming and shaming" in posts. We're not employed by eBay, and not in a position to settle individual disputes between buyers and sellers - you should contact Customer Services with any concerns relating to your transaction.

People may have something to say about the general points you raise - namely, about your inability to use the refund, and whether eBay can reopen a "shut down site." But it would be better to ask such questions on the Selling Board:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@Anonymous,

Since the seller refunded you, they had to cancel the order which should have generated a message with the reason why.  If there was not a cancellation notice, then you have the ability to leave appropriate follow up to the feed back you left. Just go to your feedback profile page and click on the Follow up to given feedback.  Keep your reply professional and only state the facts.

As for receiving a refund and not being able to do anything with it. How have you paid for the items you purchased in the past? Did you buy ebay gift cards for all of those purchases?  You can use that refund and your debit card to purchase another inexpensive small, cute item. 

The seller you bought from does not have a great feedback percentage, even for an inexperienced low volume seller. You should always check a seller's feedback profile page before buying. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

The seller you bought from does not have a great feedback percentage, even for an inexperienced low volume seller. You should always check a seller's feedback profile page before buying. 

The seller's message to OP mentions a family crisis. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't. We simply don't know, and the seller isn't here to defend himself.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Time to grow up.  Sometimes, sellers do have a family crisis.  You did not get your item but you got a refund.  Go out and find another little trinket to enjoy.  Thankfully, it looks like the negative that you posted was removed.

I will add that there is an ebay glitch where ebay will sometimes, relists item that were sold.  Anyway, like the song says, "You can't always get what you want."  As long as you got a refund,  try and find something else somewhere else.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi   ive had been  a buyer  for ebay   since 1999   and  i  never  been one for shaming   anyone     i  named the  person  by  a mistake,  in  fact  i   even  told  the seller  that i   wasn't  in   no  hurry   and  not  to   worry.     you   don't   know me    and telling me to   grow up is shaming me,  no  one on      ebay   staff  or on here on  ebays help  board   should  never   tell  a person to   grow up  period, i understand  about having  a  family  crisis    ive  been   through  it  to   alot  this year  i  lost  a few  people   from Covid,   and   another   thing  i   work  for what   i   got  and  i may not  always  get   what i   want      its   no  big deal    i   wasn't    happy   about it   anyone   would  be   the seller  should  have email  me  if   there  was problem

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

dear   mud,'

i only  had  a  ebay   giftcard  and yes,  i   brought   5   items   with it   but     i  got  a  refund  for one .  and  i  really   don't   know  how  to used  the  refund  for buying  other  item.  i  always check  the sellers   feedback   they  seemed   to  be  good,    with   one  negitive  feedback.  thank  you for  helping me

sandy  lovejoy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

i got another  message  saying  that  i got   a  refund,    which i can't   used   on ebay  for another   disney  pin   i know i  tried

I agree there's not much point in having a refund if you can't use it. I don't know much about eBay gift cards, but I did notice this on the official page:

"Here are a few things to check if your eBay Gift Card isn’t accepted:

• If you used your eBay Gift Card once before, make sure you’re using the same eBay account as your previous purchase."

https://pages.ebay.com/giftcard/faqs.html 

I wonder if that might be the explanation - were you using a different account when you tried to buy the other pin?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply