Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

Resolved! Dresdon platter

Hi,I've tried to search for the name on the marking but the search only comes up with "Dresden", not "Dresdon". Can anyone tell me anything about this platter?

Resolved! Pair of Japanese watercolors. Mauurigama?

Hi, I have two works from the same Japanese artist. They are in frames from Scarborough Gallery in Chappaqua, New York. That gallery sold some high end works but they do not seem to be around any longer. I cannot determine the seal mark and age of th...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Antique Wood Furniture-like Item, What is it?

Sorry, I'm not well versed in antique furniture or furniture-like items so please correct me if I'm wrong... I believe this is: Treen Turned and it's made out of Boxwood. Is it American or European? Age? What's it called/used for? Size: 8-3/4 x 6-1/4...

WOOD 001-002.JPG WOOD 002-001.JPG WOOD 003-002.JPG WOOD 004-001.JPG

Identify maker in Japan

Hi everyone,I've been searching for this maker on the back of the bowl. I assume it's from Japan based on the character. There's major crazing and inside looks to be a pheasant bird with blossoms. Measurements - 8-6/8" Diameter x 3-1/4" H It's a very...

IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0119.JPG

Denis Paul Noyer paintings

Hello everyone,I previously asked this wonderful community for help in identifying the artist of some art pieces I recently purchased. Very quickly, I was told the artist name. Someone even sent me a link to previous auctions. But here's my problem: ...

lost in the forest or center city!!!

Help!!!! Please don't judge me today of all days, ok? I don't know how to work this site. I posted a question and some pictures about a dish about 4 days ago and couldn't wait to find out what it is. That group told me to go to the next group which w...

Need info on tall Clarice Cliff Vase

I inherited this tall Clarice Cliff vase, and would be grateful for any information members of this community could provide on manufacturer, style, pattern and value. Thank you!

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Impressionist Oil Cityscape Signed Chan Hong

I know there are numerous Chan, Kongs, Hongs etc but just in case someone can ID the particular artist. I don't think it is factry or mass produced piece but could be just a regular Chinese guy who did it.Thanks

Dutch masters painting

I have what according to the history my mother told me and all appearances and in the opinion of some experts in authenticating these types of items, a original dutch masters painting. Painted either by De Hooch or another contemporary artist from th...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors