Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

HELP! 2 PAINTINGS, 2 DIFFERENT SIGNATURES, SAME ARTIST?!

Please tell me this isn't 'factory art'. Here are 2 paintings that are unmistakenly done by the same person but signed with 2 different names? Both start with what looks like JW, but then 1 has what looks like ROBERT & then OLO?And the 2nd one also s...

Something needs to be done about the copies showing up in the obsolete currency section !!!

There are rules established by ebay that say copies are to be clearly marked copies or to be made smaller to clearly help the buyer with determining if he or she is buying a real note. Does anyone else notice that more and more of this is showing up....

help age and any history for Italian pottery

Hi everyone-Does anybody know if this deruta? Not sure. Need help with age, maker and any history would be great. These pieces seem very old and doesn't look like the typical glaze Deruta pottery would have. it's more dull. Please help. Thanks!

IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0690.JPG

Need help identifying old Japanese / Chinese Sword

I picked up this sword with an old Japanese sword that was pretty valuable (in the thousands), the owner didn't know anything about either, so I didn't get much info to go off of. There are some Kanji symbols on the end of the handle, so I assume thi...

Resolved! Help with carnival glass bowl

Hi thank you for looking and helping me if you can i looked around and thought this might be apple blossom but only found one with twigs.Could you please help me on the pattern and the marker this is unmarked. This is 4 1/4" tall by 9" round.

DSC00005.JPG DSC00006.JPG DSC00007.JPG DSC00009.JPG
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Heavy Pottery...Student piece?

Hi there ! Wondering if this is a student pottery piece. I can't make out the letters on the bottom and the piece itself is pretty rough looking though the frogs are quite adoring. Don't think it has much use, decorative but very heavy. Much apprecia...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Porcelain figurines women signed

Hello, I am looking for help to identify the maker of these two figurines. They are signed but it is not clear to me. They measure appx 6" Thanks for any help!

1940's Kathi Urbach fabric dolls

Good morning- now that I finally have time to give to my items, yet another question...these are Kathi Urbach creations, vintage, 1940"s. I have found very little on her work, and nothing at all like this set. I have found precious few stand alone do...

IMG_4459.JPG IMG_4462.JPG IMG_4461.JPG IMG_4460.JPG

Homer Laughlin???

I believe this is Homer Laughlin. It's forrest green and has 3 flea bites on the back. It's looks right for the age and glaze. I can't find any comps...Thanks!...Oh, it's 5 1/2 " x 5 1/2 "

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unusual vase help identify

This is a vase with an unusual pattern and glaze. It had an iridescent effect that is hard to demonstrate in a photo. No marks or signature. Appx 8" tall. Any help is much appreciated!

Most Marked as Helpful Authors