Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

Resolved! Need help identifying stones, please.

Hello,Need any information about this lovely vintage leather belt. It looks handcrafted. I recognize the "Fools Gold" or pyrite stones that are actually on the elephant. Any info on the stones used for the eyes, center stone or metal used for the "st...

Help with identifying this mark

Does anyone recognize this mark? It appears to be a fancy A. It is on my egg cup which is also marked: "handpainted in the USA". Your help is greatly appreciated.

20170829_084623.jpeg

Resolved! Does Anyone Know Who Made This Octopus Vase? (Signature is in Japanese)

I have this 5-1/2" tall vase--looks handmade. It has a brown-glazed pottery octopus on the outside with two legs on the rim (the inside of the vase is glazed brown as well). The outside looks like sparkly white sand and concrete, and is studded with ...

Marble: What is it?

Here's another piece that appears to be Asian/Islamic/Indian comparing those arches. Small (6 x 4 x 4 in.) and very heavy (nearly, 7 lbs.) for its size. What was it used for and is it hand-cut (those look like hand-tool marks on base)? Age? Origin? A...

MARBLE 001.JPG MARBLE 002.JPG MARBLE 003.JPG MARBLE 004.JPG

Elie Bleu Box

I picked this up today. I did a quick search and saw that a lot of their humidors and cigar boxes sold for a lot of money. This is definitely not a cigar box as it is too small, but maybe for cigarettes? I checked their website and couldn't find any ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Woburn abbey collection by baker furniture co( help)

Came across this piece at a auction. I really don't know much about furniture. I have sreach this piece all over the Internet. Can anyone tell me anything about this. I like to see if I got a good deal or paid to much. I have seen baker furniture and...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help identifying military tunic / Soviet? Russian? Gimnasterka? Era?

Hey there, I really haven't a clue about this tunic I've come across. The collar and the cinched waistline with the metal star waisthooks throws me for a loop. What was attached? Any information would be appreciated. My guess is it's post WW2 Russian...

costume jewelry mark- crown and laurel leaves and ?-need ID

Hi all,I have a nice plastic bead and goldtone metal with a tag with the maker's mark. I can't make it out, maybe you wizards can. The necklace is 36 inches long and it's pattern has a few pieces thrown in that make it interesting; a green faceted gl...

DSC00367.JPG DSC00001.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors