cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello again, I am trying a new post to see if the sculpture pic would load.

PART_1504112815241_20170830_130532.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Please let me know if pic is still not visible. My Uncle bought this at an antique shop several years ago. It is made of either bronze or brass with no markings. It is on a wood base and is very heavy. Approx. 16 inches tall. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Your picture is showing. It might be a good idea to try to get a picture outside and post in this same thread. Details are hard to make out. I am not qualified to comment on the piece so I will leave that to others.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For future reference, rather than starting a duplicate post, all you have to do is reply to yourself in your original post:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Could-someone-please-help-me-identify-this-sculpture/m...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'd say it's likely to be East Asian. 

I'd say, based on their general aspect, that the birds are either egrets or herons (egrets are actually a type of heron) rather tha cranes, but it's a close call because artists do take license with birds.

If you haven't aleady done so, use a loupe or magnifying glass and go over the whole thing inch by inch looking for a mark of some kind.  Marks can be easy to miss on a piece like this. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.   Better photos might help the more experienced people here. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply