Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Resolved! DOES THIS WATERFORD PATTERN LOOK FAMILIAR?

I recently bought what I call a "half bowl" because in size and shape it matches an Alana half bowl I already own. It's about 4 1/2" tall and the top dips in toward the center. I hope you can recognize the pattern from my photos and this brief descri...

half bowl 1.jpg half bowl 2.jpg half bowl 3.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where, When, Use and Age?

Hoping for a little help in ID'ing the where, when, use and age of these items? The first to my eye (and I can be wrong) appears to be a 19th C. or earlier Spanish or Latin-Colonial incense (sahumador) burner for possibly a church altar? The second i...

IMG_9059-001.jpg IMG_9060-001.jpg IMG_9061-001.jpg IMG_9062-001.jpg

Resolved! Mystery Hammer Tool - What is it???

I have this weird hammer tool and for the life of me I cannot figure out its purpose. At one end it has a hammer head, similar to a tack hammer. In the middle is a heavy ball that slides up and down freely. At the other end is a pick looking tool wit...

hammer1.jpg hammer2.jpg hammer3.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blue glass milk bottle

Hi, any bottle experts here? I found this blue glass milk bottle. I know the 3 in the bottom of the bottle is the mold # that was used to create the bottle. Just not sure what the number 8J5K also in the bottom means plus. Also, when and who made thi...

E1BC78F9-EF88-4CB3-A8CA-76CB29FDDF0B.jpeg

Meissen real or fake?

I have had this plate for some time and marks appear to be Meissen. How to I know if real? Not sure if you can see in the photo but there is an embedded R in the marks.Marksshape showing marksfront

Plate back 2.jpeg Plate back 1.jpeg plate front 2.jpeg plate front 2.jpeg

Resolved! need help with this tin box.

is this tin box some thing that was made for a sweet heart. it has no maker's mark and with the handles i dont think it was some sold at a store, could be wrong ofte am. size is 11" long 8 1/2" wide and 4 1/2" tall. bill

DSC00615 (1).JPG DSC00616 (5).JPG DSC00617 (5).JPG DSC00618 (5).JPG

Hermes Attribution? Timepiece

Hi everyone, Wow! These boards have sure changed since I've last come here. Geeez! Anyway, I was wondering is it fair to assign a Hermes attribution (Hermes being the retailer) to this tiny (1-1/2 x 1in.) Art Deco purse watch made by, Andre Wyler.......

IMG_9046-001.jpg IMG_9045-001.jpg IMG_9047-001.jpg IMG_9042-002.jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors