cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seth Thomas Clock

I have a clock that I am having a hard time finding a value on.  I have searched the internet upside down, but cannot find an exact match. This clock has been passed down through generations of detectives in my husband's police department.  I am trying to determine a rough value and whether or not I should invest in refurbishing it.  It ticks, but I was told that it needs to be serviced.  It does not keep accurate time.  Here is what a clock shop told me, however they were not able to find the clock in their books.  C. 1921 Seth Thomas Calgary Bronze 103A Jeweled Movement (4) . It stands about 5.5" H x 3.5" W.  The clock shop owner said that he sees them in mohagany frequently, but not in brass.  Please see photos.  I would love any help I could get.  Thank you.  

IMG_2151.jpgIMG_2152.jpgIMG_2153.jpgIMG_2154.jpgIMG_2155.jpgIMG_2156.jpgIMG_2157.jpgIMG_2158.jpgIMG_2159.jpgIMG_2160.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Seth Thomas Clock

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It is always pointless trying to find identical antiques to get an idea of value because the same item may sell for $100 in one place and time and $50 in another place.There are no fixed prices for anything. The best you can do is compare similar items  and get an idea of a possible range of values.

I would estimate that any repair bill would exceed the modest value of this timepiece, so I would advise keeping it as it is.

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Your clock is shown in Tran Duy Ly's Seth Thomas book (3rd edtion vol.2) (Arlington Book Co. It is listed as the "Calgary Bronze " model from a 1922 catalog cut The information you got from the clock shop is correct. As stated before cost to repair may be close to or exceed value.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

That reply was to the original poster not aaafantiques
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, that’s the same clock.  Unfortunately, that is simply a flikr picture with no info.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  Agree 100 percent.  Just looking for a range of values - nothing specific.  Lots of variables as you mentioned.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!  I had a feeling the year wasn’t right!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply