cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEIKO 6139 Chronograph Automatic with the name RICHARD ALLEN on the dial. Custom? Please more info!

I have a Seiko Chronograph Automatic watch dating from Feb 1970 It says Seiko (in red) Chronograph, then under that Automatic, then under that the name RICHARD ALLEN. It is a 6139 6000 proof watch and I am wondering what the "Richard Allen" on the watch is? I can't imagine it is a custom made watch for someone since putting a name on the dial seems quite labor intensive. Anyone have any clue?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: SEIKO 6139 Chronograph Automatic with the name RICHARD ALLEN on the dial. Custom? Please more in

Not without a photograph.

Debora

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: SEIKO 6139 Chronograph Automatic with the name RICHARD ALLEN on the dial. Custom? Please more in

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I suspect the Richard Allen name has been added later by someone besides the maker. The bottom of the letters are not even and Seiko would never have sent a dial out with letters jumping up and down like that IMHO.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks like you have a Vintage Seiko Dive watch 6139 with the name that was added probably as a gift from someone when new in box. In good working original order they trend for around $$279 looks like release date was around 1964 and you can get most info on watch from Ser##.. good luk

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, The letters appear uneven, however are actually exactly straight...there are a few scratches in the crystal and with the angle of the picture appear distorted. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Richard Allen was National Security Adviser for Reagan. Google Richard Allen Seiko. Interesting story.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

WOW! If this is actually one of those two watches, I'd say the value may be more than usual? Interesting back story.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply