cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: help identifying this artist & valuing

Recognize this artist and/or signature?  I can't deciper the signature: L Rollem?  L Rollim?  Rollun?

Painting was made for Robert Sills Gallery of N Hollywood, CA -

any guesstimates of what this painting could be worth?  To my mind, it is very well done

it is small - 16 x 12

sorry its on its side. DK how to fixsorry its on its side. DK how to fixtried to enlarge signature, but maybe easier to read by enlarging one on the Ltried to enlarge signature, but maybe easier to read by enlarging one on the L

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: RE: help identifying this artist & valuing

I can't make out the name but it may or may not be the real name of the person who painted it and, in any event, knowing the name will not add value.  This is a pleasant, decorative piece and you need to sell it that way, on its own merits.

Nearly everything Sills Gallery sold was of the starving artist /  sofa art / decorator art /  whatever-you-care-to-call-it sort.   Generic art was Sills' stock-in-trade.  That doesn't mean it is bad, or badly done, or not worth hanging on a wall, only that its moneatry value will never be very great.

=

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What does "RE:" mean if this is the lead post/title on this thread? I see that on spam emails in my mailbox and I just delete them if I don't recognize the sender. Was this thread from another forum?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Perhaps "Regarding?"  Agree a vintage decorative painting.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply