cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help identify this pottery signature

I was going through a boxed collection my grandmother left behind and found this mixed in with silver plated tea sets.  I know nothing about pottery, all I can tell is that it seems to be part of a small run.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I was thinking it may be majolica from bitossi because of the BT signature but it does not look like his work. It is definitely majolica pottery. May want to reference kovels and look through the marks if that helps.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

FWIW, I'm not sure it is majolica.  The foot ring on majolica pieces is usually glazed, too, as in the process the whole piece is usually dipped in a tin glaze.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

yes, not a product of any of the artists who worked at the bitossi factory.  unfortunately the boards' italian pottey expert is no longer with us.  definitely willl not find this in any book like kovels.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@md1919 wrote:
unfortunately the boards' italian pottey expert is no longer with us.

I am sorry to hear that. I don't often visit the Pottery, Glass & Porcelain board, but I've noticed his marvellous contributions there and elsewhere online while researching. He was a true expert.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.  

I have been searching everywhere online for this signature but can not find it, even tried reverse image search.

I don't know if my grandmother bought this, she had a ton of fine China, or if it was something she found in this house.

The house originally belonged to french settlers around 1780, after them it has been in my family for a few generations now, even survived both great fires of Michigan.

I hope someone stumbles upon this post and is able to figure it out.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply