cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instead of Topo and Non Topo for postcards how about View and Non View

If you're going to divide postcards into only 2 categories making it much harder for postcard browsers to find what they want how about View and Non View instead of Topographical and Non Topographical. I've been buying and selling postcards for over 30 years and have never heard a postcard dealer using those phrases. Topographical usually refers to maps that show physical features and not to postcards unless the postcard has a map which is rare. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Instead of Topo and Non Topo for postcards how about View and Non View

I know everyone is in the same boat -  Wait till you get to Item , era etc I can see no way to us their listing tool. I am going to list one with my listing service today and see what happens. I may be going to Hippostxxx full time.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

We have over 480 postcards to relist because of this nonsense! Topographic and non-topographic make no sense at all!!

Then they have the odd hidden category of Collectibles>Holiday & Seasonal> Cards & Postcards 

That is great for holiday stuff but what about all other categories?! Also, some of the required questions are a bit insane in this postcard category also! Like: Production Technique and Set Includes which lists things like "Baby bottle" and "Artificial Tree Stand".  REALLY??!! How often do people sell postcards with these other items included? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Now I know that it is not my age that has me confused.

Thanks for the information. It has made my evening a lot 

easier for listing my postcards.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Call me stupid, but I STILL CAN'T figure out the difference between the two even after reading explanations. eBay is getting less and less seller friendly by the week. Now they are coming up with a 'new listing tool' as if the old one they forced on us wasn't bad enough. GO AWAY COLLEGE EDUCATED who haven't a clue what you're doing - but think you know better.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Decisions are made on categories or listing requirements and item specifics by individuals who have no knowledge of how collectors search for those items.  eBay would do well to relieve those individuals and have major sellers in those categories with years of sales define the categories.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply