cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inlaid wood bedroom set

This bedroom set is well over 100 yrs.  It was my grandmothers and it is in excellent condition. We tried to find markings from the Maker but we couldn't find one. We checked all the drawers and behind the dressers. Any information you can provide would be appreciated

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Inlaid wood bedroom set

@andredephillip_0

That's a beauty!

Check the bottom.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Try posting this on the Antiques board here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Antiques/bd-p/213?nobounce

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

We did..at least we tried. It was a little difficult. We lift the mattress off and still didn't find anything

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Post to the antiques board. They may know who made it or where to find the maker mark.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Show the backboards and a few shots of the dovetails, any,  ANY marks etc. Could be American from Grand Rapids, MI.  Different companies did a few French lines like this. About 1920, possibly a bit older. It's not period French furniture.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I would guess this to be made in France in the 1920s or 1930s, hard to tell from the photos. The bedroom set is in the Louis XVI style with marquetry details.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I wanted to add that the mirror isn't part of the set. It is in the Rococo style.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

So, no further pictures? It's not always the best idea to only go with one opinion. Just sayin'.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply