cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for help to translate preWW2 Japanese writing in a photo album, thank you

I have a 100 photos, some have come unstuck and I found preWW2 Japanese writing20240226_132026.jpg20240226_132014.jpg20240226_132121.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I am looking for help to translate preWW2 Japanese writing in a photo album, thank you

The pictures of writing is upside down

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I don't understand Japanese and can only recognize the Chinese characters inside.It's probably some people's names, and a poem.

I wonder if there is a communication forum for learning Japanese in the United States, similar to China.

if not,i can post them in China.

https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E6%97%A5%E8%AF%AD&ie=utf-8

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

thank you for the help, and I hope to find a Japanese historian 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

the first photo that their answer is:

看不太清写了啥,只能认出部分。感觉大意是:难得拍了照寄回去,虽然表情没笑但是也请看看。。。。

I can't see clearly what's written, I can only recognize part of it.The general idea is: It’s rare to take a photo and send it back. Although the expression is not smiling, please take a look....

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

the third photo maybe some people,group photo

一名 means nickname,the up words is their real names

I can only see these two complete ones, and the others are covered in black paper. The 20th day(二十日ネズミ) is a black mouse. This word has several meanings. If the one above is a mouse, I guess it refers to a cricket.

fbced72a6059252d58be763e729b033b5bb5b912.jpg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

黒ん坊君--------最常见的意思一是晒黑的人二是指黑人,这个人比较黑?The most common meaning is: first, a tanned person; second, it refers to a black person. Is this person darker?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The top were the names of his comrades, and the bottom were their nicknames.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

do you see any symbols that relate to the emperors household ? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

no,i am not able to find

Message 10 of 10
latest reply