cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify Gold pitcher Marked Hall

Any information on this piece of pottery would be appreciated.h1.JPGh2.JPGh3.JPG

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help identify Gold pitcher Marked Hall

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

That piece was made, or rather finished, by Wheeling Decorating. They took blanks from companies like Hall and added their finish to them. That gold daisies pattern is one of their best known.

Cheers.

Does it have a name?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Made by Hall China. The shape is usually referred to as "ball" or "cannonball". This came in many colors and finishes. They were quite prolific in the mid-century period.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

It is the particular color/pattern which I cannot find

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@mlpeay7c1e wrote:

It is the particular color/pattern which I cannot find

Wish you had said that to bergin with. 

Anyhow, Replacements Ltd. doesn't have a name for it.  Just identifies it as "HLL47" and has only limited information about it:

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/hllhll47.htm

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Looks like a pattern done by Pickard. Beautiful pitcher

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Anyhow, Replacements Ltd. doesn't have a name for it.  Just identifies it as "HLL47" and has only limited information about it:

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/hllhll47.htm

I don't think that floral design is identical to the OP's - it's similar, but when you enlarge the photo there are differences. Or is there a mix-up with the link?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

OK.  I have failing eyesight, and I guess it's time to admit I can't do much of this any more.

Apologies to the OP.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@qualityreplacementsfast! wrote:

Looks like a pattern done by Pickard. Beautiful pitcher

But isn't it clearly marked HALL?    Or did Pickard decorate Hall?   I'm not very knowledgeable.  (Obviously.)

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

OK.  I have failing eyesight, and I guess it's time to admit I can't do much of this any more.

Apologies to the OP.

Well they do look pretty similar at first sight, it's only when you enlarge the photos that the differences emerge.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

Well they do look pretty similar at first sight, it's only when you enlarge the photos that the differences emerge.

And given my vision, I should do that automatically before offering opinions.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

That piece was made, or rather finished, by Wheeling Decorating. They took blanks from companies like Hall and added their finish to them. That gold daisies pattern is one of their best known.

Cheers.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Cheers.

Does it have a name?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Cheers.

Does it have a name?

I believe the official name for it is "Daisies, Roses & Doves" but I see people switching the order of the words often. I think that order though is the correct one.

Cheers

Message 14 of 14
latest reply