cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me identify this small vessel? Silver with small turquoise beads.

20170421_093544.jpgI would like to list this but I don't know what it is. I believe it to be pre WWII and possibly from India?? It measures 2 - 1/4" tall. Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone help me identify this small vessel? Silver with small turquoise beads.

I would test it to see if it's sterling silver. What about the small chain around this "vessel"? I KNOW WHAT THIS IS! This piece goes around the "neck" of a liquor or wine bottle as a decorative piece. Hence the antiquated "vessel" form which was historically used to store wine. These bottle embellishments were typically sold in sets for all your liquor bottles (vodka, gin, rum, etc.)  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can anyone help me identify this small vessel? Silver with small turquoise beads.

Vessel pendant? It does appear to be from India. Does it open up? Usually an essential oil or perfume is kept inside on a tiny piece of sponge.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much for answering! It doesn't open. I was thinking India, because my dad was stationed in India in WWII and brought back gifts for my mom. This was always kept with those items. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Added 2 more photos if this helps
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

20170425_094534.jpg20170425_094550.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would test it to see if it's sterling silver. What about the small chain around this "vessel"? I KNOW WHAT THIS IS! This piece goes around the "neck" of a liquor or wine bottle as a decorative piece. Hence the antiquated "vessel" form which was historically used to store wine. These bottle embellishments were typically sold in sets for all your liquor bottles (vodka, gin, rum, etc.)  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I hung it on a vintage decanter that we have and it looks right to me. Also, now I don't know if I want to sell it LOL!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You're awesome!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply