cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About done ........

Just opened the upteenth post with giant sideways pictures that won't load and lock up my computer.  Questioners also do not provide enough information in their titles to guage what they are asking about.  As a result, I am about done helping out here any more.  If something really piques my interest I'll have a look but, as for general help,  I am done.  Just a shame since the boards here used to be a great place. Smiley Sad

Be sure to look your gift horse in the mouth when receiving help.
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

About done ........

An ongoing education is of little value in the free marketplace known as ebay. It's like pulling up to a toll booth and having a conversation with the toll taker about how tire air pressure affects your travel across the bridge; sure, there are good answers to be had but look in the rear view mirror at all the traffic you are holding up.

Another way to look at it, these boards are like the lounge where you get your tires changed; just a place for the customer to be while they make money on the tires you just bought. Hosted passive entertainment to placate, nothing more. ebay started with the awe and amazement of "I can't believe my Pez stuff is worth thousands." but it's always been what the people make it by what they sell and buy. Just think of it, they have the world's largest database of valuations with their closed auctions but they do nothing with that.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

i have been a seller on ebay for a while now and finally asked for help with a pottery signature . I took the picture in the right direction and the program on here loaded it upside down and this was from a dell pc not a phone. i attempted to edit it and there was a time limit on it and the time ran out for editing which was a matter of a few minutes and then i added a comment to my question after i rotated it on my pc and it to was upside down. so please dont give up on us. some of us do try .. just had no success because of the editing time and complicated format for posting the pic to my queston. 

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

Your image problem is due to the huge size of your image file.

Resize to about 100 to 200 KB before posting and all is under your control. (that's about 800 pixels across instead of the 2500 you are uploading).

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

I've done this accidentally before learning how to use the new uploading tool which has two buttons.  I don't know why eBay doesn't filter out the large files or resize them automatically; they eat up everyone's data and are rarely necessary for information.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

When I see a slow loading picture, I leave the post; I am not that interested. Looking at this forum is a pastime and I love it when on the rare occasion I can supply an answer first but I don't need to hang around waiting. Often you can tell from the first inch of the monster file when an edge appears that the item is junk anyway.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

This thing is over a year old--what's up with that?
Janet
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

Lots of zombie threads, for some reason.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

"Night of the Living Thread"

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

About done ........

The bigger the better, large  file pics are the only way to go, one can zoom in and can find things that one could not see with a small picture

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 39 of 39
latest reply