cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

That rabbit stew sounds good!  Last time el Heron enjoyed rabbit was in Bogota Colombia but it wasnt a stew. The rabbit was

sauteed in a salsa blanca.  Very tasty indeed with some black pepper. Regards,

xx

Message 10741 of 11,869
latest reply

Rabbit stew commentario regarding ejtrilbee post of 10 - 24 - 2011 at 5:07 PM.

Message 10742 of 11,869
latest reply

The higher volume sellers will probably give better guidance, but my personal experience in Oct/Nov was selling all kinds of different things to sellers all over the place.  These were all low value minors from 1940s to 1960s, mostly in high grade ... certainly not enough to pay the bills.  Not shipping abroad would have eliminated about half my sales in those two months. 

Examples: 

6 French colonies (Fr. Somaliland and New Caledonia) to a buyer in Sweden

Africa (Burundi, Kenya, Uganda) to buyers in Israel and Russia

Malaysian coins (British and modern including Sarawak) to buyers in Malaysia

Seychelles to buyers in France and Russia

Guatemala to a buyer in the UK

I did pretty well on 18th/19th century Mexico silver minors the last few months.  All to U.S. buyers.  Earlier in the year I did well selling Central/South American silver minors from 18th/19th but they are mostly gone now.

It seems to me there is still plenty of interest in former British colonies (Hong Kong, Malaya, Seychelles) though many buyers may not be in US.  I had one guy ask me for a list of everything I had from Malaya/Malaysia.  I didnt send a list, but I listed some, and he bought.  My European minors have not done well at all.

I sell what I have, which is limited compared to a bigger dealer (I have very little large silver in my foreign, for example), so my view is narrow, but maybe it helps some.

Also, December dropped off considerably, probably due to all the unlimited listing specials, hence more competition.

Message 10743 of 11,869
latest reply

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

Smed are you going to post that Twas the night coin poem. Its that time

i would've, but i didn't get a chance... apparently, it's against the rules to ask certain questions...

Lithium reminds me of what Han said after they went down the trash chute...

Message 10744 of 11,869
latest reply

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

I had a scarey thing just happened, my laptop. ebay not responding my internet cut off and a black page came up windows operating fail no operating system, what does that mean. did i get a virus?

Sounds like NSA found you Smiley Happy

Musta written something about a coin from Cuba ... or Sudan ... 

Are you serious, thats all I need, Hope they didnt catch me on the cuban cigars on craigs list. but it has already sold, no proof just the coins.:)
Smed was wandering on what happened to you. How was your vacation? what post was it.
Okay now. Ive searched the internet for this coin but could only find it in the 1967, just curious on how much it's worth. if anything, also how many were minted also is it an anniversary, info please.
IMG_1273.JPG2000, I did the ebay search nothing. only earlier dates

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 10745 of 11,869
latest reply

Amy, need more info.  What size is it?  Is it JFK, or Elvis?  Just kidding looks like Kennedy.  can you provide a bigger pic?

Message 10746 of 11,869
latest reply

@jesusrocks3339 wrote:

Amy, need more info.  What size is it?  Is it JFK, or Elvis?  Just kidding looks like Kennedy.  can you provide a bigger pic?

size of a half dollar =.50 Cent piece.  Are you kidding me a bigger picture,:) I cant scan it the color wont show up.

Message 10747 of 11,869
latest reply

IMG_1273.JPG
@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

I had a scarey thing just happened, my laptop. ebay not responding my internet cut off and a black page came up windows operating fail no operating system, what does that mean. did i get a virus?

Are you serious, thats all I need, Hope they didnt catch me on the cuban cigars on craigs list. but it has already sold, no proof just the coins.:)
Smed was wandering on what happened to you. How was your vacation? what post was it.
Okay now. Ive searched the internet for this coin but could only find it in the 1967, just curious on how much it's worth. if

hows that

Message 10748 of 11,869
latest reply

Hey All you Princes and Princesses of the coin realm,

I wish one and all a wonderful New Year filled with fun coins/currency/tokens etc., good health, and lots of good times.

Wish I had more time for this wonderful hobby. Don't and here's a picture that explains where my time and cash is going.

SAM_0173.JPGSAM_0174.JPG

Message 10749 of 11,869
latest reply

I did that once.  Had a house moved and resold. It was total waste of time for the money but I learned a lot.  the movers we hired looked like they were hunchbacks.  Used ceder on the sill plate.  Tarred the outside of the 12 course block we used, that was a mess! Looks like you built a wood foundation, so that is different.

One of the most challenging parts for me was to come up with the heat loss calculations for the inspectors.  I borrowed a book from the guy doing the ductwork, so we got 'er done.

Did you have the house moved for yourself or resale?

Message 10750 of 11,869
latest reply

Amy are you sure that half was painted at the mint?  It may have been done on the secondary market.

Message 10751 of 11,869
latest reply

There's no question it was done post mint. It has no collectible value and is simply a 40% silver half.

Message 10752 of 11,869
latest reply

I dunno ... I've visited the mint a few times, and there were some places we weren't allowed to go.  Maybe that's where they keep the paintbrushes Smiley Wink

Message 10753 of 11,869
latest reply

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

Okay now. Ive searched the internet for this coin but could only find it in the 1967, just curious on how much it's worth. if anything, also how many were minted also is it an anniversary, info please.
IMG_1273.JPG2000, I did the ebay search nothing. only earlier dates

Just curious, did anyone understand my Question.

But I do see a P in it

Message 10754 of 11,869
latest reply

just for fun

Message 10755 of 11,869
latest reply