cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay to open rolled Morgan’s or leave it as full roll?

Still pretty new to coin selling.... quick question... do you leave the half dollar or dollar coins rolled or open the roll and sell individually? I see some people sell full rolls, but how do they know what’s in there? Or do they re-roll? Don’t people want the original paper used to roll? I’m so sorry.... I know these questions sound dumb, but I’m clueless about this, and I don’t want to regret it when I get ready to list more.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Okay to open rolled Morgan’s or leave it as full roll?

Hmmmm... yeah...   to  DEBASE.

Been done for a long time around the World. 

Decrease the intrinsic value of money in the peoples pockets.

All AU 'silver' coins were 925 and in 1946 to 1965 down to 500.

Only 1 of the 2/- was CuNi between those later years.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

While back wife went to a gas station and gave the clerk a 20 for some gas.  She got 11 dollars worth and got her change.  Clerk asked if the minded change as someone had just given them a bunch of coins.  Wife was in a hurry, said sure, money is money.  Got home and was looking through her bag.  Clerk had given her 18 Franklin halves.  She was mildly surprised.  We still have them.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

"sure, you can give me $100+ in silver instead of $9 in fiat paper, not a problem..."

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

The rolls you see on Ebay are a gimmick/racket. 85p on one side and and a cc on the other, probabaly a 82, 83, or 84 making it appear there might be a 85cc inside. If your knew to Morgans read and stick to slabbed coins, PCGS, NGC, ANACS, and ICG

Message 19 of 19
latest reply