cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: IRMA

To all the eBay C&PM posters here in Florida......hope you weather the hurricane. I left Ft. Lauderdale Thursday morning for Gainesville. A typical 5-1/2 hour trek took 10 hours. The Weather Channel's Jim Cantore didn't show up in my neighborhood, so, hopefully I will have a home to return to. Thumbs up !!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: OT: IRMA

a bit NE of Tampa here... not leaving... gonna be a fun night tomorrow... not...

from the tracks i've seen your house should be fine... looks like the big stuff is going to miss you altogether...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ood luck & be safe.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That was "good" luck & be safe. The "G" key sticks.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

a bit NE of Tampa here... not leaving... gonna be a fun night tomorrow... not...

from the tracks i've seen your house should be fine... looks like the big stuff is going to miss you altogether...

Hope you're OK.

Given the power situation, I guess we shouldn't expect to hear from you for a while.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

thank you... we made it thru the storm with minimal difficulties, no real problems... never even lost power!

until last night... came back on this morning after about 13 hours...

hope everybody else was as lucky...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Here we go again.

There's a Cat 5 ill wind named Dorian just 200 miles east of mi casa with sustained winds of 185 mph. Unbelievable !!! Hope I don't end up as flotsam in Kansas.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@b-17blinker wrote:

Here we go again.

There's a Cat 5 ill wind named Dorian just 200 miles east of mi casa with sustained winds of 185 mph. Unbelievable !!! Hope I don't end up as flotsam in Kansas.

looks like you're barely in the cone... even so, batten down the hatches...

at one point the eye was forecast to over my head... latest few have us outside the cone... xing fingers...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Be sure to protect your paper money accumulation.  Those extra large

'leaf bags' of plastic are helpful for protecting paper items.

Winds at 185! Wow... now THAT is a nasty weather condition.

Take care.  Leave us have a status report every so often. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply