cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help to ID damage or error on this 2004 Wisconsin quarter.

I need help to see if this quarter has a error or just damaged. Any help and I would be thankful.

IMG_20230122_171507275.jpg

IMG_20230122_171135279.jpg

IMG_20230122_171431307.jpg

IMG_20230122_171409373_MP.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I need help to ID damage or error on this 2004 Wisconsin quarter.

Damaged.

If you fell for something like this, it was a false scam, intended to create a false appearance of value.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/wealth/2000-dollar-quarter-check-your-pockets-before-you-use-th...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I I just found it in my pocket. And that's why I wrote about it to find out. So I didn't buy it as it is I just found it in my pocket. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@raaphds wrote:

I I just found it in my pocket. And that's why I wrote about it to find out. So I didn't buy it as it is I just found it in my pocket. Thanks. 

Well, yeah. If you found it in your pocket, then you did buy it as it is. Don't try to change history.

All I'm saying is it looks very much like it has been damaged, and I don't know if any potential error might be potentially significant.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

My question back to you is what did the link have to do with my coin. I know it talked about the 2004 extra leaf. But it had nothing to do with a partial blank plantchet. Did I miss something? 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I see very significant damage to your coin, and I don't think that any potential error would have any significance compared to the damage.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I did not buy the coin I got it in change in my pocket. I didn't buy it. Like I clearly said I found it in my pocket change. I have no reason to lie about it. If I would have bought it then I would have mentioned it. Like I said I found it as is in my pocket.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@raaphds wrote:

I did not buy the coin I got it in change in my pocket. I didn't buy it. Like I clearly said I found it in my pocket change. I have no reason to lie about it. If I would have bought it then I would have mentioned it. Like I said I found it as is in my pocket.

And that is significant how?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

wondering how long you've been a coin dealer and how long you've been dealing in errors...

your management skills are second to all...

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I'm not a coin dealer. I'm not a coin collector. I basically know very little about coins or errors. That's why I'm seeking help on this help board. But I buy and sell anything that I can make money off of egally. So if I can go through my currency and find something that I can make money off of then I'm trying to learn about it so that I won't let money literally slip through my hands. I'm finding out a lot about collecting coins on YouTube. I buy and sell all kinds of things and coins and currency is something that you really don't have to buy.  I deal with currency for a living so it's something that I might come across. Nohing wrong with keeping my eyes open. Like anything the more you deal with something the more you learn about it knowledge is money. I know a little about a lot of things and currency is something that I'm learning a little about so I can possibly turn it to my advantage. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Sorry for the reply I thought it was toward me.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Well, yeah. If you found it in your pocket, then you did buy it as it is. Don't try to change history. 

It's significant because you accusing me of changing the history. Pretty much accusing me of being a liar. And I didn't lie about it I was just mentioning it. I wasn't trying to change the history.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

From doing more research this looks like a die adjustment strike. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZiL8mbYGYFWvTFpD7

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@raaphds wrote:

Sorry for the reply I thought it was toward me.

all good... been there, got red-faced from that... 😀

Message 14 of 14
latest reply