cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

totally out of hand, if a seller lies about item location, they should be banned!!

look for items, I'm in mass so I see tons in New Jersey... great 150 miles away or so...  order the item, and BAM a week later they ship from California...

that it total baloney!!  they 100% knowingly lie about the item's location...  I cannot even find an honest vendor for some items...  Sayreville, New Jersey, United States....  baloney!!  NOTHING and I swear to all that is holy, NOTHING advertised out of Jew Jersey is actually located in New Jersey....  

it's aggravating when you need an item to fulfill other orders that you have, lets say it's a power supply you need for another item...  and the estimated date is in one week.. GREAT, you plan for that one week delivery time and order from someone close to you... but NOPE... item is clear across the country AND shipped via "surepost" or something that is even slower than that so it actually takes 3 weeks to arrive instead of the 1...

I coul dhave ordered from China and received it quicker...

even the guaranteed deliver date stuff is broken now...  search for 4 day delivery.. but when you open and/or order the item it STILL reverts back to an estimated deliver date of like 2 weeks which is a lie anyway...  

It's almost as if Ebay WANTS this to happen....

I say anyone misrepresenting the item's actual location should be perm banned from selling on EBAY....

problem is, many of these sellers are probably the same person with many accounts...  or they are all drop shippers and could care less...

Mike B

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: totally out of hand, if a seller lies about item location, they should be banned!!

if they would list their items as simply "united states"... great!  that would be fine....  but when they list New Jersey, and it's actually 3000 miles away, THAT is a major problem....

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: totally out of hand, if a seller lies about item location, they should be banned!!

@exibar wrote:

look for items, I'm in mass so I see tons in New Jersey... great 150 miles away or so...  order the item, and BAM a week later they ship from California...

@exibar 

Misrepresenting the item location is a violation of eBay policy. If you can prove the seller misrepresented the item location you can:

• Report the seller here: https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022
  • File for a return request based on the item being "not as described" in eBay's Resolution Center or through the item listing on your Purchase History page. The item location is part of the item description, so the misrepresentation thereof meets the criteria for a SNAD return/refund.

There have been a number of threads on this subject in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps you'd like to review this one you've already commented in to read other information on how to identify potential problems with item location.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/vendors-who-mislead-either-their-location-or-the-products/m-p/3...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You can contact & ask eBay, to severely sanction sellers that upon their review, reveal to have willfully & knowingly misrepresented material facts.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"NOTHING advertised out of Jew Jersey is actually located in New Jersey..."

I sincerely hope that was a typo. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@barskin wrote:

"NOTHING advertised out of Jew Jersey is actually located in New Jersey..."

I sincerely hope that was a typo. 

@barskin,

Maybe there are some things actually in N.J. but they are all lost somewhere in the Pine Barrens. 

Fmr Mawah resident.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just had the same thing happen.  I *thought* I was buying something from someone in my city.  Then the tracking shows another state.  When I asked her about it she said, "Oh, I just moved warehouses."  Now the USPS First Class item has been in transit for over 2 weeks.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I was talking about the words 'Jew Jersey.' I am hoping that was a typo.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

yes, of course, that "J" was a typo..... sheesh

Message 9 of 9
latest reply