cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shill bidding happened to me

I was bidding on an auction.

With a minute left in the auction, I walked away from my PC thinking that I had won.

I come back 30 minutes later and see that I had lost with the winning bid being $2.50 higher than mine.

There were only two bids.

I wake up this morning and there was PM from the seller asking me to pay.

Huh?

Sure enough when I logged into my eBay account it showed that I had won with my original bid.

The seller made no mention of a bid retraction.

I am guessing that the seller had entered a bid thinking that I must have set my maximum bid higher.

Shaking my head.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: shill bidding happened to me

I won only one of the auctions.

The second one which ended at 8:10 pm ET  I know for a fact had multiple bids besides mine and had gone up to $147.xx.  Magically, the next morning it shows that I won it.

Beyond weird.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@centralnj1 wrote:

I won only one of the auctions.

The second one which ended at 8:10 pm ET  I know for a fact had multiple bids besides mine and had gone up to $147.xx.  Magically, the next morning it shows that I won it.

Beyond weird.

Afraid I'm a bit confused.  I'm assuming that you were bidding in an attempt to win the auction and the item which you did.  What precisely are you complaining about with regard to the auction that you won?  If you didn't win the other one it is irrelevant.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@pasasap 

Shills do not bid to "win", so that the seller can relist.  That would be counter productive. Serves no purpose.

And if you were being blocked from posting you would not have been able to post what you did.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply