cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller close case with fake tracking number: ebay refuse to refund based on fake tracking

Screenshot_2024-01-20_07-57-55.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20_07-57-03.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20_07-40-51.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20_08-17-52.png------   this is seller

I filed a case because I did not receive item.  ebay made me to wait about 20 days to step in.   seller posted a fake tracking which wrong zip code.  I don't live in Chicago, but he posted 60605 zip code.   I waited until Jan 20, but seller is in UK and he asked ebay to step in.  Ebay closed case despite I stated tracking number is wrong destination.  And it says seller provide tracking and it was delivered to me.  What?   so I called ebay and ebay said they cannot do anything because case is closed?  what?   ebay scamming is because ebay acting like this.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

seller close case with fake tracking number: ebay refuse to refund based on fake tracking

@dous978 wrote:

Screenshot_2024-01-20_07-40-51.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20_08-17-52.png

What?   seller posted a fake tracking which wrong zip code.  I don't live in Chicago, but he posted 60605 zip code.   

what?   Ebay closed case despite I stated tracking number is wrong destination.  And it says seller provide tracking and it was delivered to me. 

What?   so I called ebay and ebay said they cannot do anything because case is closed? 

what?   ebay scamming is because ebay acting like this.

Before I foolishly suggest eBay on Facebook to help, here's how wrong eBay on Facebook has become:

rseuqinh_0-1705764072188.jpeg

And it's X to use social media to X X on X anymore, as the X at X is the same eBay crew, and so X too.

Instead @dous978 go ahead and X your card issuer for your refund, but point out the zipcode.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@dous978,

eBay closed your INR dispute because their automated system can only search for a Delivered scan. In the message you received telling you the case was closed there should be an appeal button.  When you file the appeal state that the tracking number shows Delivered in 60605 not in your zip code shown on the order details.  A real person will review the info and you should get a refund. 

In the future you should check the feedback profile page of any seller you consider buying from.  The U.K. seller you bought from has a poor feedback percentage for a high volume ebay seller.  Not only that but the multitude of different items they've received feedback for is an indication that they are a drop shipper, possibly really located in China or whose items all come from there.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply