cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller cancelled order but no refund

This is a first for me,  the seller cancelled my order after I had paid for it, it appeared initially as an open case for refund but then closed without me receiving a refund.   When I look into it, it shows "We're sorry, we couldn't cancel your order because the refund couldn't be processed successfully. Please contact the seller."    but it's the seller who has already cancelled the order, I got the letter advising this and in my purchase history it clearly states Seller has cancelled the order.   Everything I do to try and contact Ebay takes me around in a circle and doesn't allow me to contact them about THIS issue.   So I am out of pocket regardless of their so called buyers guarantee as it won't allow me to open/reopen the case.   I have contacted the seller without response.   I thought we were protected from this sort of thing?   I've had cancelled orders before but immediately got a refund.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: seller cancelled order but no refund

@angeliquenz2010 wrote:

When I try now and pick I didn't receive it, it just states its on its way

the item wasn't expected to be delivered until 5th August

I will have to go through Paypal but I'm having the same problems there

Yup, your seller schemed this far-out due date. On Aug 6 California time, start the item not received refund request at eBay, then come back next Wednesday and ask eBay to step in for your refund.

Otherwise, open an item not received dispute here at PayPal, go back right away and click Escalate to PayPal, then wait 11 days or more for your refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To contact eBay, you can click on help, then select contact us, select either chat or have us call you to speak with a rep.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

We're sorry, we couldn't cancel your order because the refund couldn't be processed successfully.

This is probably eBay's way of saying the the seller skipped and we can't grab any of his money. You can go to the Help & Contact pages and request a call back under Returns & Refunds, but I think they only do that between certain hours, so you might have to keep checking until it shows being available.

Hopefully you paid with PayPal or a Credit Card, you can fall back on those if eBay doesn't come through.

@angeliquenz2010 wrote:

I got the letter advising this and in my purchase history it clearly states Seller has cancelled the order. Everything I do to try and contact Ebay takes me around in a circle and doesn't allow me to contact them about THIS issue.   

So I am out of pocket regardless of their so called buyers guarantee as it won't allow me to open/reopen the case. I have contacted the seller without response.

Look @angeliquenz2010 for your item here, click More actions, I didn't receive it, and start a request tonight.

Come back on Saturday and click Ask eBay to step in to get your refund.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

there was a case open but it closed before I got my refund, it didn't give me any option to say anything.  I have messaged the seller and nothing.  When I try now and pick I didn't receive it, it just states its on its way, despite saying the order is cancelled.    I just got an email from Ebay earlier with a few incorrect statements in it, it stated a seller can't cancel the order, but Ebay sent me an email on the 25th July stating the seller has cancelled my order.   Then they said I am not covered as it's over 30 days, yet the item wasn't expected to be delivered until 5th August, and I was only advised of the cancellation on the 25th July.   Then they told me they can't open the request again, that I will have to go through Paypal but I'm having the same problems there, I can't get to talk to anyone. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@angeliquenz2010 wrote:

When I try now and pick I didn't receive it, it just states its on its way

the item wasn't expected to be delivered until 5th August

I will have to go through Paypal but I'm having the same problems there

Yup, your seller schemed this far-out due date. On Aug 6 California time, start the item not received refund request at eBay, then come back next Wednesday and ask eBay to step in for your refund.

Otherwise, open an item not received dispute here at PayPal, go back right away and click Escalate to PayPal, then wait 11 days or more for your refund.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Now it's past the tracking date, I tried to open a case but it won't let me, just says sorry somethings wrong with this item.   

looking through the new messages, looks like scamming is rife on Ebay now and I just got scammed with no protection from Ebay or Paypal, each one says to go to the other and neither can I make a case.  I can't get anyone on the phone either.   What a rip, no more after all these years of buying happily on Ebay...   no more.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@angeliquenz2010 wrote:

each one says to go to the other and neither can I make a case.

Follow the instructions and click the word "here" in your Accepted Solution (post number 6) so that PayPal doesn't keep sending you back to eBay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply