cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller canceled

wendym3250
Rising Star

Seller canceled my purchase, then I checked ebay and ebay was told the BUYER canceled it.  NOT TRUE.  Sent email to seller & they said they canceled due to damage.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: seller canceled

I had the same thing happen to me today. Seller canceled and told ebay I canceled. I think if they cancel too many times they get suspended so they blame the buyer. I don't even see any way to tell ebay the truth of the matter. Is there?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

A buyer can report the seller. It would take a lot of reports for ebay to do something about the seller.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I'm sorry you've run into this.  Sellers who cancel for Out of Stock/Damage earn a defect so they'll lie to get around it.  It makes us all look bad. 

While no seller wants a defect, they are survivable.  I speak from experience -  I had one because I broke something while packing but owned my klutziness and wore the defect for a year.

You can call and report.  You can also express your unhappiness in feedback.   Keep it factual and calm.

Seller lied and chose "buyer requested" to cancel order they could not fulfill.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@fostesky wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me today. Seller canceled and told ebay I canceled. I think if they cancel too many times they get suspended so they blame the buyer. I don't even see any way to tell ebay the truth of the matter. Is there?

Contact customer support, you can telephone ebay.

Seller will not only receive a defect but also pay selling fees to ebay.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Agree with the others. Call eBay and report the buyer. Tell them you to look at your eBay messages and they will see that you never canceled and that the seller told you it was damaged. Good luck! I hate when sellers try and weasel their way out of a defect for something that was their fault! 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Supposedly eBay has programming in place to catch these sellers, so eBay can take whatever action they take that appears to have no effect whatsoever.  I suspect they take that same action when you call to report them.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Has anyone ever seen even one seller report that this actually happened to them?

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@fostesky wrote:

The seller won’t pay selling fees to eBay. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Has anyone ever seen even one seller report that this actually happened to them?

No because it never happens. The seller gets a FVF credit whether they lied or not. There was a time under the old process where the buyer got to accept or deny a cancellation & a denial meant the seller didn’t get a FVF credit. Maybe that’s why some think non-buyer requested cancellations still result in the selling paying a FVF.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@fostesky wrote:

Call Ebay CS, Trust and Safety.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

As others have said, you can call and report this.

If a seller contacts you in the event of damage and asks if you want to cancel, you can message back I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE OUT OF STOCK.

If they can't supply the item in the condition specified, then they are out of stock, so it isn't a true buyer requested.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@fostesky wrote:

No matter the reason for cancelling the seller gets fees refunded.   Reporting the false reason for cancelling won't change that.   It should still be reported. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Nope - long story short. Same thing happened to me. Buyer cancelled sale - used Buyer requested - total fib. They refunded. Called eBay two rounds and result.... nothing can or will be done. Seller has done this twice in the last 6 months. eBay messages clearly confirmed that I did not want to cancel the sale. Seller claims price "keypunch" error.......
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Same thing for me (there's another thread on my experience)!

So now we know that even if we win an auction and pay for it, it's still not sure we'll get it.  That what eBay has become.  Unfortunately, we have to accept it if we continue to use this site, because it's no bonding for sellers anymore if they don't feel like it!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply