cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page format

say the other day all of a sudden my page format changed on one of my pc. when i click on an item now i get a larger phote and when i pot the mouse over the photo i get a small plus and if i clicl on the photo it gets larger and moves with the mouse.

now i know this in snot the norm because on the fery same mdel pc in the other room when i look at items  the photo is what it was and when i put the mouse over the photo it get larger over to the side and i do not have to click on it.

so how do i get back the old way of looking at tiems? i do not like the way the blows up the item and then moves it around inside the original photo. plus it also has that arrow in the upper righ that if you click on that it blows up the complete photo in a new page.

some may like this but it annoys me. i looked all over for a way to change it back.  it is possible i got some update and that is doing it and now i'm going to go into my pc and do a restore back to a few days ago, if that works i will stop back and tell you i fixed it if it did not work  then the post will not show that.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: page format

@corvairbob3463,

There is nothing you can do to change the page format. That format is found on many listings, usually from newer sellers who use the quick listing tool which doesn't have the scroll over to enlarge feature any longer. 

At the top of this page, there is a pinned topic, "We are testing a new View Item experience on desktop". You may have to click on a couple of links to get to the actual page discussing the changes, and once there you cannot reply to them unless you are accepted by the ebay employee who posted it.  It will take awhile to go through all of the posts, and the discussion about photo enlargement is way back at the beginning.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

that is not so i have both pcs running the very same listring and one pc it shows the old way and the other it show the way i explained  about. now i'm running the recover to an older date on that other pc to see if it was di to some windows updte. i have had issues from updates before.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ll doing a restore on the other pc did not work. it is odd that this pc i'm typing this repaly on i still have the old listing format but on the pc i just restored the format is way different.  i like the older format better. i did do a feedback and the last tiem i did a feedback and complained about a chabe it seemed to revert back to the old way so maybe one of the people that read that feedback will go into my acount and rever it back. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have searched everywhere and don't see the "We are testing a new View Item experience on desktop" link.  Can you tell me again where it is? Thank you. I am having the same problem as the original poster. Looks like all of my items are in this new "larger" view.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ok today is 10-26-23 and i still have this issue. i have a win10 pc that does this click on the photo and it enlarges and moves around as i move the mouse. 

i have a win11 showing the very same listing and it still has it so when i move the mouse over the photos they enlarge and i see that over to the right of the screen.   

so it is not a seller doing this it has to be some setting on ebay that i clicked on that makes this happen. also the wife looked at the same listings on her win10 pc and it is the same as my win11 pc so this issue is only on this win10 pc. it started about a week ago.

something like ebay had going on with there watch list emails not going out about a month ago. there has to be a setting someplace. does anyone know how to get it back i hate this new way 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ok i finally had to just do a reset on the pc and that issue is now gone. i can't believe it was a seller thing as i have 5 other pcs all the same model and 4 had the listings the way i was use to and this pc i'm typing this reply with had it different. plus i have a pc called an alldocube15 and that was running win11 and that had the listing the way i was used to. this pc running win10 had changed it some how. anyway i backed up the pc using Karan's replicator backups and then did a reset and let window keep my files and sure enough when i logged back to ebay the page was back to normal just as i had on all the other pcs. so when i put the mouse over the photo and hover it blew it up over to the right side.  so again it was not an seller thing it was my pc. i think i got an update from windows that may have did this.  so good luck

Message 7 of 7
latest reply