cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item not received

Hallo!

I made a purchase in 23 February.

The item didn't arrive as per usual (they didn't have a tracking number), and i contacted the seller in 13 March!

A few days later, he told me to wait 28 working days after the dispatch date, cause sometimes there is delay in the post procedure.

He sent me a form to fill, so that he makes a investigation with Royal mail in order to find what went wrong.

I asked for refund, but doesn't seem to accept it.

This is the first time, that i don't receive a parcel!

The ebay money back guarantee is not eligible, cause 30 days have passed. This makes me wondering why he proposed to wait for 28 WORKING days... (never used money back guarantee before, so was not aware of the 30 days margin)

What should i do? Is there any way of demnding my money back, other than opening a dispute in paypal?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

item not received

@code*george,

You should have read about ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) before starting your buying career on ebay.  Then you would have know, about the 30 day after the last estimated delivery date, time frame for opening a dispute through ebay.  As it stands, you will have to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through PayPal, if the seller cannot prove delivery you will get a refund fairly quickly. PayPal give you 180 days from the day you paid to file a dispute for not as described or INR.  Though you are responsible to pay to return items for a not as described item.

In the future if a seller tries to stall you, or offers to send a replacement, open a dispute and ask for a refund only.  International shipping can sometimes take longer than the last estimated date, but I would never wait more than a week longer to open a dispute. 

If you open a dispute, and the seller says you have to close the dispute in order to get a refund. Immediately ask eBay to step in.  Never close a dispute until you have a refund. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

item not received

@code*george,

You should have read about ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) before starting your buying career on ebay.  Then you would have know, about the 30 day after the last estimated delivery date, time frame for opening a dispute through ebay.  As it stands, you will have to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through PayPal, if the seller cannot prove delivery you will get a refund fairly quickly. PayPal give you 180 days from the day you paid to file a dispute for not as described or INR.  Though you are responsible to pay to return items for a not as described item.

In the future if a seller tries to stall you, or offers to send a replacement, open a dispute and ask for a refund only.  International shipping can sometimes take longer than the last estimated date, but I would never wait more than a week longer to open a dispute. 

If you open a dispute, and the seller says you have to close the dispute in order to get a refund. Immediately ask eBay to step in.  Never close a dispute until you have a refund. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

item not received

No, just open a Paypal item not received claim right away.

And Mudshark is right~you need to know how Buyer Protection works on the site you use to buy from, for your own protection.

You need to proactively protect yourself.  And almost every page has the Ebay MBG logo~prominently displayed~saying Get the item you ordered or your money back.  Click on that and you can read the information there.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

item not received

GEORGE..

This bad seller suggested 28 days  to  you--so that you would miss  the 30-day Ebay deadline.

And  he cannot get  away with just SAYING  he won't accept your request for a refund.   Ebay makes  the  Rules here--not   the Sellers.

By all means  you should  file a Dispute  against him.Right now. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply