cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not buy perfume or cologne from this seller!

I just went thru an awful experience.

My husband already had a bottle of Ralph Lauren Supreme Oud from Dillards, and he liked it so much that i've decided to get him a back up bottle from ebay. My first time ever receiving a fake, other than for jadore last year.
It's the way that this seller works on that pulled my nerve. Their feedback is 100% positive, and they sold over 150 of Supreme Oud bottles alone, amongst other perfumes, but now i know how it stays positive. When i complained, i included pictures of the fake bottle. The cap would't stay on, bach code was different on the bottle than the one on the box, label on the bottom was crooked, the box was scratched up under the cellophane, and the bottle was scratched inside the unopened box. the horse logo looked awful when compared to original bottle, and the smell was nothing like real Supreme Oud. The seller had me return the fake bottle, and then instead of refunding the original transaction, he sent me money thru paypal as a gift. Then he went ahead,filed a case against me on ebay for leaving a negative, ebay sided with him, removed my negative and sent me a message that they will not refund me because they decided in his favor. So this is how he maintains his feedback. So right now there is over 150 people out there sitting on fake Supreme oud's, and probably he is selling other fakes as well, so i wanted to warn everyone.

As a side note, no i did not want both: a refund and his "gift" money. i just wanted to be able to leave a just and honest feedback. Between my husband and me there are over 400 fragrances. Fakes are known for being toxic, and i hate the idea that this seller is backed by ebay in scamming customers!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You aren't allowed to name sellers on the boards.

You should have opened a refund case through the Money back guarantee plan and handled everything that way so you would be sure to get all your money back, if you won.

How did the seller file a case against you for leaving a negative? You are allowed to leave a negative unless you lose a case or request a cancellation and the seller obliges.

You said your feedback was removed because they sided with the seller, which means you lost the case, but you never opened a case, so I'm confused.   

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

By any chance did you read the seller's feedback profile before your purchase ?  If not, the fault is partially yours. Never buy from a problematic seller. If you had purchased a replacement bottle from the company that you got the first one from, I'm betting you would have received the genuine article.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I know i am late to reply, but someone might find this useful. This seller had zero neagtives. My negative was removed within minutes of leaving it for them, and i did get my money back from them , which was so weird. I also reported them for selling fakes, but nothing happened. Few months later, they changed their member name, and i know for sure they are still selling fakes.

I am a member of fragrance community with a big number of members all over the world who bought from them, received fakes, left negatives only to find negatives removed after few minutes, so something is really fishy about the seller.

Honestly, these days i buy only from big sellers who have few negatives along the way, because that way i know they are real, unlike this one.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ebay used to be good....now the representatives lie thru their teeth and waste everyone's time.  I hope they go out of business.  I've been buying on Ebay for ten years and it was good, but of late it's horrible and I believe people are going to start going elsewhere and I'm one of them.

My gmail account was somehow lost, so I opened another one.  I then called Ebay to tell them of my new email address and was advised to open a new Ebay account.  Ha!!!  What an ordeal.  Just recently because I opened a new account even though I'm a buyer with a 100% rating by sellers, spent thousands of dollars on Ebay..for the past ten (10) years.....after being on the phone alllllllll week with no one knowing what they were doing to fix my problem.....(which was they restricted me from bidding all of a sudden because they're claiming I'm a new buyer...even though they looked up my account and saw that I've been buying from Ebay for a solid ten years...but because I had a new email address again, they restricted my bidding....finally an account rep. fixed it....oh yeah....not really....it worked for two days and then went back to restricted.  They passed me from person to person and never fixed the problem, that I had nothing to do with.  Many people are going elsewhere and if Ebay thinks they're infallible, they better think twice.  I'm calling the Attorney General's office, better business bureau and seeking legal advice from a lawyer.  I've never been so insulted or treated so shabily by anyone I've ever purchased from before in my life.  I have absolutely no respect for them now...and to think I sang their praises for the first ten years I bought from them.  Customer Service is horrible and I'm thru with them as other people one by one will be eventually.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

To respond to the member posting about ebay and the account problem, I understand because i am fed up with ebay over how they handled a dispute with a buyer over a "item not as described" case in which they said it was not authentic when the listing never said it was. Ebay never bothered to read the listing even though I reported the buyer for abusing the money back guarantee clause. They made me pay the buyer's return shipping and wont let me close the account even though I paid the fees. They came up with the idiotic excuse of having to wait 30 days to close it, which is stupid because to me, you have the right to close your account as long as you dont owe money. They should not get in the way of it. So my advice, if you really want to get at ebay, simply quit spending your money with them. That's what ive decided to do. And, yes I would contact the better business bureau or attorney if necessary. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@beauty2515 wrote:

To respond to the member posting about ebay and the account problem, I understand because i am fed up with ebay over how they handled a dispute with a buyer over a "item not as described" case in which they said it was not authentic when the listing never said it was. Ebay never bothered to read the listing even though I reported the buyer for abusing the money back guarantee clause. They made me pay the buyer's return shipping and wont let me close the account even though I paid the fees. They came up with the idiotic excuse of having to wait 30 days to close it, which is stupid because to me, you have the right to close your account as long as you dont owe money. They should not get in the way of it. So my advice, if you really want to get at ebay, simply quit spending your money with them. That's what ive decided to do. And, yes I would contact the better business bureau or attorney if necessary. 

You sold fake perfume and that is against the rules here. It doesn’t matter if you never said it was authentic. You violated eBay policy when you listed it. eBay got it right.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply