cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item description

A seller shows only a webpage image of the item (Brompton A Line) and the closed, supposed original, box. No one photo provided by the seller shows the real item. No location is indicated. And when I message to ask where the item is located I did not receive an answer. Is this according to rules ? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

item description

If you are asking if it's against the rules for a seller not to respond, the answer is "no"; however, in this particular climate, when/if there is a live, interested buyer on the line, it would behoove the seller to step in smartly and answer any and all questions promptly and completely.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

item description

@giambattist0,

The use of stock photos for items that do not come in a display window box is perfectly fine on ebay. However, the listing should have an item location that gives a city and state/province and country if it is not sold in your country.  If the item location says something like Many places U.K. or other similar wording, I would not buy from the seller especially if the Price of the bike is lower than trending prices. A legitimate seller would have answered your question about where the bike would ship from, since it could involve customs and or Vat fees.

For your information, You have posted your question on the U.S. based site's (ebay.com) community. Since your country of registry is Norway, you probably joined ebay from one of the European based sites ebay.co.uk England, ebay.de Germany ... and you should post on that site's community, since there are some small differences in policies between the U.S. site and the European ones.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

item description

Thank you for the clear answer! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

item description

Thank you ! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply