cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does "Import Terminated" Mean in Tracking Info?

This seems to be a new term as searching on Internet got no results regarding its real meaning.

The tracking information of my package from a foreign country shows "import terminated". Can someone tell me what this means? Or if you have similar situation, please share the final results. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@uscfan 

Sounds like customs is returning the item to the seller.

What was the item?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

From Google:

What does import terminated mean

Asked by lightsaber33 | 11/1/2021 7:29:50 AM

My package tracking (LY899nnnnnnCN) now says import terminated. What does that mean? Has the shipment been canceled?

It means it didn't pass the customs check in the US. You need to track it in the following days to see if it will be passed again. If it's stuck there for over 15 days, you need to contact the seller to reflect the problem and get a solution in time.

Actually, I just received some packages today that marked as "import terminated". This is odd as the status remains the same and didn't improve to "delivered".

I have no clue what this means.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had the same issue. I called USPS and was told that the sender didn't add all of the required documents and the package would be returned. An hour later I had a tracking update that the package was in transit to me. It took 8 days for it to finally start moving again.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@uscfan wrote:

This seems to be a new term as searching on Internet got no results regarding its real meaning.

The tracking information of my package from a foreign country shows "import terminated". Can someone tell me what this means? Or if you have similar situation, please share the final results. 

Great an new and improved train wreck...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Same here.Import terminated. From what I have read it's another way to waste our time and give people a headache.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

From what I have read it's another way to waste our time and give people a headache.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@uscfan,

I have no proof of this but, I would say that "Import Terminated" is another way Chinese and possibly other foreign based sellers are trying to use to steal money from from U.S. collectors.  They are probably not filling in correct values of the currency you are buying from them, and that is the reason for customs hold ups or termination messages.

Don't you think it is strange that there is a sudden wide availability of Pre and immediate post war bills coming out of China, the home of international counterfeiting?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Some will still arrive.  Just don't let the time to file a case expire.   There is no clear info on it either.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply